Chapter 12

Chapter 12

            It had been three glorious weeks since I started dating Nathan, and I must say, things were going brilliantly. We had many dates like that first, some even better. Single dates, double dates, triple dates even. I had grown closer to Liz and Olive in the process and it was nice to, for once in my life, have female friends to talk to. Let me tell you it was awkward for both of us for me to talk about periods and boys to Drew.

            I was just headed to the boy’s flat to hang with Nathan when I saw Olive on the front steps. She had her face buried in her hands and her shoulders were shaking. I could barely hear her faint mutter, “Oh god. Oh god.”

            “Olive? Is everything alright?” I sat on the steps next to her and put my arm over her shoulders.

            “Lilly? Oh Lilliana I’ve made a huge mistake!” She began sobbing even harder than before.

            I shushed her, “It’s ok, tell me what happened.

            She let out a sigh which was more like a wail, “It’s not okay! Me and Tom…Tom and I…I’m pregnant.”

            My jaw dropped and I was speechless for a minute, “Are you sure?”

            She nodded weakly, “I just went to the doctor today. I’m two weeks pregnant. We were careful! I promise we were. I don’t know how this happened.”

            “Are you sure it’s Tom’s?”

            “He’s the only one. I’m such an idiot. I never thought it would happen to me, but I guess that’s what everyone says.”

            “Have you told him yet?”

            She shook her head, “No, that’s why I’m here. I was going to, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I know I have to, can you help me? How do I tell him?”

            “I don’t know. I’ve never even been with a guy, let alone had to tell one I was pregnant with his child! I’m sorry I don’t know what you would say. Maybe just come out and say it?”

            “I can’t do that.”

            I tapped my chin in concentration. “Do you love Tom?”

            She looked taken aback by my question, “We haven’t been together that long…”

            I asked again with more force, “Do you love him?”

            She sighed, “Yes.”

            “Do you want his baby?”