The red strings (one shot)

July 14 , 2019 ( read the book if you haven't or else it is a spoiler...semi spoilers, it not part of the plot but it is a side thing I guess, just read lmao)

                         The birthday surprise!!!!

(Five months after the ending)
~Arthur POV~

"It is his birthday tomorrow,can you not be so stupid" Kiku looked to me annoyed. "Yes! I have everything under control, he does not know I found out when his birthday is, this will be great, I invited him over but he will have no idea it is a surprise party for him" I laughed determined. "Yeah we know about that part, but try not to.... how do I put it nicely..." Alfred thought for a moment as I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, I got this, just make sure the both of you are there on time. I told everyone to be at my house by 7 pm , I will come with Francis and boom! It happens" I said excited.

~the next day, 5:30~

I knocked on Francis door once I arrived. He wanted me to come early to his house first, which is okay, I just hope we don't spend a lot of time there. I fixed my tie a bit waiting for him to open the door. As I waited I realized how long it was taking, so I knocked once more. "Coming" I heard a sweet voice call, making my heart melt. "Arthur, come in, I thought maybe we could eat before we go to your house, it is a good day for me" he started and I got nervous.

"Really? What day is it?" I pretended to act stupid but it seemed to make him sad. "Oh... nothing too important" he laughed nervously. "Are you hungry?" He asked but I shook my head. "No, not right now" I laughed out. This was terrible , I know he probably wanted to celebrate with me, I can tell!

"Arthur so you really don't know what today is?" He asked confused as I suddenly heard my phone ring. "Give me a second please" I asked walking away quickly, it was Alfred.

"Hello?"
"Dude! Something happened, Gilbert brought his dogs and one of them jumped on the table and ate the cake. We all tried to get the dog.....well everything is a mess, you need to stall him until we are finished!"
"Are you serious!! Let me talk to Kiku"
"Hello-."
"Tell me he was joking"
"No, he wasn't , it is 6 so try to stall him for as much as you can, tell him how much you love him" Kiku jokes.
"Till when do I need to stall"
"8!"Kiku said hanging up. That bastard knows damn well I can't.

"I am back, so what were you saying?" I asked looking at my watch. "It was nothing" he laughed sadly. "I was going to invite everyone to come to my house today but they were all so busy, and when you invited me over I was excited... I just thought... never mind" he started and I felt guilty. Those bastards better hurry up! Why would Gilbert bring a dog!

"If today is so important, maybe I can do something special real quick?" I smiled coming closer to him. "Arthur I wish, but if you don't know there is no point" he laughed. Suddenly the doorbell started to ring. "I will get it" I laughed walking away. "Yes?" I asked opening the door. Suddenly I remembered I had asked for flowers to be deliver to Francis at this time. I closed the door behind me and took the flowers quickly. "Please leave now" I said worried and the delivery man ran off scared.

"I need to hide these for now, everything is being delayed." The front door opened and Francis saw me standing there with the flowers in my hand. I had to hide them! They said happy birthday on them. "What are those" he asked pointing at the flowers. "Nothing, I was just standing here....you know and they kind of....appeared" I tried to lie. The plan was that he got these flowers as we start to leave for the house.

"They appeared?" He asked not believing it. "Let me see them" he asked and I shook my head. "No not yet" I said moving them away, but soon he started to go in circles with me as I tried not to show him. "Arthur What are you doing?" He asked finally grabbing them. He looked at them and read the note.