Chapter 2

Chapter 2
three years later

"Your joining us today." I say to my brother
"You still haven't told me if this is a good thing or not" he points out
"Of course it's a good thing" I reply blatantly. "You never want to be on the losing side of a war."
"But do you still believe it all?" he really know what questions to ask to make things hard.
"Make mother and father proud. That's all that matters now." I straighten his tie for him.
"He was right, you know." Regulus says suddenly
"Hmm?" I mumbled absentmindedly
"He said you would regret it." he looks into my eyes.
"I don't regret joining." I sigh "I just would have done it differently if I could do it over." I return his gaze and look at his gray eyes. "What I do regret is dragging you into this."
"It's not your fault, Percy." He tries to console me
"Yes it is. I gave him your name and now you're being branded for life."
"What the Dark Lord wants the Dark Lord gets. Even if you hadn't helped him we would still be in this situation."
"When did you get so wise." I give him a tearful smile and wrap him into a hug "Be careful." I mumble into his shoulder
"Always." he choked back

*******

"Morsmordre" the Dark Lord yelled. The fire burned on Regulus' arm and he crumpled to the ground at his feet. He didn't scream I'm proud, brother.

When the fire had subsided, Regulus got up and our master put an arm around him.
"I have a mission for you, dear Regulus." He said in his eerie voice. "We must leave at once."

The Dark Lord just apparated away with my little brother. I couldn't help but feel horror for his safety.

"I'm proud of him, cousin." Bella strolled up beside me. "He will be valuable, just like his older sister." she cackled a bit. My cousin had gone to the dogs. She is completely insane, Andromeda married a mudblood, and Narcissa is the one normal one out of the three. In my family, Regulus has a need to make everyone proud (I'm not exactly helping with this), Sirius is a blood traitor, and I regret all of my decisions leading up to now. What is wrong with the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black?  It's like we are all poisoned from day one to go insanely ad and be torn apart one way or another.

I'm going to worry myself sick if I stay here. I have to leave.

I apparate back to Grimmauld place.

Regulus turns up about an hour later.

"Reg!" I cry as I wrap my arms around him. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"
"Percy, I'm fine." He sighs
"What did you talk to the Dark Lord about?" I hesitate a bit
Reg scratched the small beard sprouting on his chin "He wanted to talk about a plan."
"Involving you?"
"Almost. I am to volunteer someone."
"What?" I was confused "Who?"
"A house elf." he looks so tired sitting there
"Kreacher?" I clarify
"Yes." he sighs again
"Will he die?" I had grown fond of the elf over the years
"Most likely." Reg admits.
"We should tell him then." I say reluctantly
"Kreacher!" Regulus calls out. He appears in front of us.
"Master Regulus, Mistress Persephone." he says in his shrill voice "How may Kreacher help you?"
"Lord Voldemort ask of you something." Reg says calmly
"Kreacher is willing to help." the elf smiles
"It's a great honor." I add
"Kreacher wants to help!" Kreacher was practically jumping out of his skin he was so excited
"We should go then." Reg said slowly
"Be careful." I warn "Both of you."

The both apparated away.

*******

"He left him there to die!" Regulus yells.
"You know who you're talking about, right?" I say calmly.
"He's going to die and he could have been saved."
"Mercy isn't really the Dark Lord's strong suit."
"What do we do? We have to go help him!" I was annoyed at this point.
"For Merlin's sake Reg, he's a house elf!" I roll my eyes before yelling out as loud as I can. "KREACHER! Kreacher come here!" A loud 'Crack' sounds and a small body lays in front of us. Regulus looks dumbfounded.
"Don't just stand there!" I scold. "Mother and father are going to be back any minute now! Pick him up and put him on the table. I can heal him."

I mutter a few spells under my breath. Kreacher seemed all good.
"Kreacher?" I say sweetly "How are you feeling?"
"Kreacher is feeling tired, mistress." I nod slowly, thinking of my next move.
"I want you to go sleep in your cupboard for the rest of the night." I say after a moment
"Yes misses." Kreacher says shortly before apparating to his cupboard, and not a moment too soon, mother and father chose that moment to walk in the door.

"Mother! Father!" I give each of them a hug.
"Hello dears." mother says tiredly. "How was being branded, Regulus, dear?"
"All fun and games." mother didn't notice the sarcasm
"Good, good." she smiled "We are so proud of the both of you." She gives each of us another hug. "Now where is Kreacher. I want to eat soon."
"He's er-" I didn't want to drag my parents into the mess that we were currently stuck in "He's busy right now mother. He's with the Dark Lord."
"Very good." I don't think she was really paying attention to what was happening "Have him bring my tea when he get back.I'm going to lie down"
"Very well mother." I have a feeling she will be asleep by the time her head hits the pillow.