4

Feeling horrible, I ran towards the bathrooms as soon as Sasuke and I separated after lunch, emptying out the disgusting slice of pizza.

No, I can't keep doing this anymore. I always felt terrible after eating, even worse when I had to throw it all up. I hated the feeling of failure after doing so. I hated eating in front of everyone, to show that I was fine.

I didn't want to eat. I didn't want to be forced to it, either.

They all told me I was fine the way I was, but I knew they were lying. Even Sasuke. I know he'd do anything to make me think I was fine, when I really wasn't.

"Naruto, are you okay?" Lee asked, walking in as I washed my hands.

"I'm fine." I gave him a smile, grabbing a paper towel to dry my hands with.

He smiled back, "That's good.", and went about his business.

Yeah, no one ever notices.

"So, do you want to go? Call me back, I can give you a ride." Sasuke's voicemail ended and I deleted it. I didn't call him back either, his invitation to his brother's party only meant he was planning to keep an eye on me, probably even force me to eat.

Throwing my phone on my bed, I dove in after it. Laying face down and taking a deep breath. Today was officially the start of our one week off of school. Finally, nobody to bother me.

"Naruto!" My mother called from downstairs, "Come down here!"

Doing so, I followed the smell of peaches and found my mother placing a slice of peach pie on a small plate.

"Look, our neighbor dropped by to give us this! Try some?" She asked, stretching her hand out with the small plate in her grip.

Taking it, I took a small piece and placed it inside my mouth, pretending to chew.

"It's good, Ma. Can I save this for later?"

She nodded, allowing me to place the plate inside the fridge. She occupied herself as the door bell rang, and I took the chance to spit out the bite and throw it into the trash.

As she answered the door, I walked back upstairs, shutting my door closed.

This is fine. I thought to myself, ignoring the pain inside my stomach as I lay back to read my book.

A week off from the outside world is just what I needed.