7

"How about now? Can I go out now? Itachi, I'm really getting pissed off now, it's been days!" Sasuke bothered his brother around the house, pleading, begging to be allowed to drive.

"No, no, and no. You're not allowed to drive, not without me being there with you."

"Then-"

"I'm off to work, Sasuke. I'll drive you there when I get back."

Silence took over the Uchiha household as Itachi shut the door behind him.

About to turn back into his room, the door bell rang rapidly. Quickly opening it, he was taken aback when Itachi dragged him out of the house and into his car.

"Itachi? What's wrong?" Sasuke asked, clearly scared as to why his brother looked terrified, even more when his safe driving brother sped down the road.

"Itachi?"

"Listen, kid. When we get there...shit!" Itachi drove faster, passing by his workplace.

"Itachi, what is it?!" Sasuke asked, now completely terrified of what could possibly be so urgent that his brother had to break a speed limit over 60.

"Sasuke, just... hold on to something."

"I never knew he was like that. I always saw him smiling, having fun. I never thought that he'd..." Sakura held Ino's hand as Ino cried silently for the loss of one of her friends. "He was always loud, I never realized when he stopped talking, or when he stopped socializing."

The camera man focused on other students, capturing several teachers and staff standing before the boy's locker room, holding a small vigil.

Flowers and candles decorated the small altar.

"I feel terrible, I never once realized. We were too busy, to blind to see what he was doing to himself." Sakura commented, her teary green eyes adorned with red as she cried. "And Sasuke... he... he was the only one that knew. Why didn't he tell us?"

"Sasuke was always serious. Everybody knew he loved Naruto. But to even follow him in death... it's just.." Lee couldn't say anything more. He turned away from the cameras as he started chocking up.

"Today, Konoha High mourns the death of our two most honorable students. Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki, I am sorry for not being able to help." The silver haired man turned away, hugging another teacher as she wept for her two most troublesome students.

"As you can see, the entire school is shaken by the news of the sudden deaths of Naruto and Sasuke Uchiha." The news reporter spoke, her back facing the vigil. "Once the admired basketball manager, Sasuke Uchiha took his own life soon after finding out his lover, Naruto Uzumaki, Student Council secretary, had died. Both parents and siblings are torn at the loss. Kushina and Minato Namikaze, parents of Naruto, called to emergencies upon finding their son laying unresponsive in the bathroom. He was announced death shortly after help arrived. Itachi Uchiha had been with Sasuke shortly before his time of death. Witnessing his lover covered by white sheets, Sasuke had maneuvered away from his older brother, taking the car and recklessly driving away. His body was found a couple of ours later, found in his own room in a pool of pills. Parents Mikoto and Fugaku Uchiha are reported to be on their way from overseas."

Kiba and Sai watched as more candles blocked access to their lockers. They bowed their heads in respect as they too, added their own.

"Sai, are you seeing this?" Kiba asked the weak boy next to him. "I told you Sasuke was only for Naruto. Do you believe me now?"

Sai began sobbing, unable to make any words out of his mouth as he clutched the flowers in his hand.

"Congratulations, Sai. I'm glad you plan to make Sasuke hate Naruto failed." Kiba whispered, suppressing a choked sob as he looked at the mess Sai was becoming. "Next time, think about the words you direct at someone else."

Sai wiped his tears, "I never though Naruto would go to that extreme. I only made fun of him a little." He confessed. "I just wanted him to feel bad about himself. I only wanted Sasuke to leave him. I just..."

"Congratulations." Kiba repeated. "You made my friend feel like shit. You made him feel like he wasn't good enough for Sasuke. Hey, at least that part worked out, right? Too bad Sasuke knew better than to leave him like that. Congratulations, Sai. You really do make me sick."

Kiba placed his flowers beneath Sasuke's framed picture and another bundle of them beneath Naruto's before standing up to leave Sai.

"Thanks for that, Sai. I'm glad you'll be living with this burden the rest of your life."

wow. okay. i honestly never wanted the story to end up like this but wow.