DAY 5

"Like a river flows surely to the sea,
darling so it goes,
some things are meant to be...
take my hand, take my whole life too
for I can't help falling in love with you"

-

It has almost been a week since Phil and I started talking. By now, we do almost everything together. It's like our personalities were meant to complete each other.

It's saturday and I decide to call Phil and ask if he wants to hang out or something.

Beep, beep, beep..

"Hello, you're talking to Phil Lester," Phil says when he finally answered the phone.

"Hi Phil, it's Dan," I can't help but laugh.

"Why are you laughing Dan?" Phil's voice sounds a bit deeper than usual through the phone.

"Nevermind. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out or something? Play some playstation?" I ask quickly before I start laughing again.

"Sure thing, do you want to come to my house or should I come to yours?"

"I'll go to your house, see you there!"

"Dan, wai-" Phil starts but I already ended the call.

I grab my backpack and leave a note for my mom to say I'm gonna be at a friend's and I leave the house, not thinking about one thing...

I don't know where Phil lives.

I call Phil again and when he answers he is already giggling.

"Hey Dan, I was wondering when you'd call back."

"Um, yeah, um," I start laughing as well. I bet that's what he wanted to tell me when he said wait, but I was too enthousiastic and ended the call already.

Phil tells me his address and I end the call, for real now, and stalk walking towards his house. He said he lives in the smallest house in the street, unable to miss.

*

I ring the bell. I feel a nervous flutter in my stomach because I'm going to see Phil again. His mother opens the door.

"You must be Dan?" She says and smiles.

"I sure am. You must be Phil's mother?" I smile too.

"I am."

"Nice to meet you," I say and she steps aside so I can walk in.

"Phil! Your friend Dan's here!" She yells and Phil comes walking off the stairs.

"Hey, Dan, I see you found the house," he says with a smile only I could understand, because of the phone-incident.

"Would you boys like some tea?" Phil's mom asks and Phil and I both nodd.

We go upstairs, to Phil's room, where he keeps his videogames and stuff. He opens the door to his room. The walls are blue. There are only a few things in his room. A bed, a desk, a tv and bookshelves. Not that there are a lot of books on his shelves, there are just a lot of videogames on them.

He has a big Death Note poster on his wall and I squeel when I see it. Death Note is my all time favorite anime.

"You like Death Note too?" I ask excitedly.

"No I don't I just put a big poster on my wall because it was so empty without it."

I look at Phil, confused. But then he starts laughing and I realise he was being sarcastic.