DAY 25

"And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70,
and, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23...
and I'm thinking 'bout how

people fall in love in mysterious ways,

maybe just the touch of a hand,
well, me - I fall in love with you every single day,
and I just wanna tell you I am"

-

It had been two days since I was at Phil's house and saw something I wasn't supposed to see. His laptop had been open and I just wanted to turn on some music, when I accidentily opened his mailbox and the subject of the email on top was "I will kill you". I had pretended like I hadn't seen anything but of course I had and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I was planning on telling him sometime soon. But I hadn't found the courage to do so yet.

*

The day at school went by quickly and after school me and Phil were going to get something to eat at a local restaurant. We asked Chris and Pj to come too but they said they had too much homework to do and they couldn't come.

We walked to the restaurant and ordered some food.

"So did you finish The Shining yet?" Phil started.

"Yes I finished this weekend. You were right, it was pretty good."

"Told you so," Phil tried to smirk but he failed horribly which led to us both almost crying from laughter.

"So, homecoming? What are you gonna do? Are you gonna go to the dance?" Phil asked when we stopped laughing and swept the tears from our faces.

"I wasn't really planning on going," I said, suddenly very serious because I hadn't thought about the whole event anymore since the day it had been announced.

"Do you... Do you maybe want to go together?"

I was startled for a second. Does he mean...

"Like - a date?"

"Well yeah, um I don't know, if that's what you want to call it..." Phil blushed a little which was rare, because he never blushed. I wanted to burst out in laughter again because this was all so awkward and weird but luckily I could keep myself from doing that.

"Well..."

"If you don't want to, I completely understand. I'm not forcing you to do anything Dan."

"No, it's alright, I want to go with you," I said, and I just couldn't help to blush as well. This was such a weird situation. I wasn't sure if he actually meant that he was attracted to guys in that way, or if he meant to go as really good friends..

Phil smiled at me and I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest guy in the world that I got to spend time with Phil.

*

We ordered our food and thankfully and luckily it wasn't awkward at all after the homecoming question. We spent quite a long time laughing about things and talking about gaming and music.

"Here you go, two italian dishes for you guys," the waiter said and we thanked him, after which he winked at me.

"Did you see that?"

"What was that supposed to mean?" 

I try to laugh it off. "Probably was nothing."

Phil didn't look completely convinced but soon he started eating the food.

"Oh my God, foodgasm," I said when I took a bite of the food.

"Foodgasm?" Phil laughed.

"Like, orgasm-worthy food," I laughed as well but kept eating because it was just too delicious.

We finished our plates in no time and asked the waiter to come back so we could order some desserts. We chose exactly the same ice cream, a lemon sorbet with whipped cream and sprinkles. It was supposed to be a dessert for kids, but you know, who cares? If it's good then why not eat it?

Afterwards we paid the bill and walked out of the restaurant. It was already dark outside, we had been in the restaurant for more than an hour and a half.

"Dan, look," Phil pointed at the sky.

I looked up and saw a million stars covering the darkness of the universe. There were way too many to count. Infinity. That's the right word to describe it. The universe is so big, it looks like it doesn't have an end. And who knows, maybe that's true.

I let out a quiet "ohhh", and keep looking at the stars.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"It is," I answered. And that's when I realised Phil and I were standing so close to each other that there was basically no space left to get in between. I could feel his warmth and that made me blush a little. I got this nervous feeling in my stomach. I had never felt this way for anyone. Not even that one time that I had a girlfriend had I felt like this.

How is this possible? How is it possible for a person to make me feel so much, even with only the slightest touch?

I felt so tempted to grab his hand.

I snapped out of it and looked at Phil, only to find out that he was already looking at me. I looked away because I felt my face heating up again.

"Shall we... - Shall we go?"

"Okay," he answered silently, but his voice was full of emotion. It sounded like he had a lump in his throat. Kinda like how I was feeling.

*

We arrive at my house and I remembered something.

"Hey Phil?"

"Yeah?" He turned around, he had been looking at our car.

"Do you maybe want to watch the Shining now already? Like, I understan if you have to go home but -"

"Sure!" Phil interrupted me with a smile.

We walked inside and I realised Phil hadn't met my parents yet.

"MOM?!" I yell.

"Yes honey, ah you're finally home," she comes walking out of the livingroom. There's something not right about her voice.

She was crying.