➳thirteen

Huge thanks to HidingCalypso for making me the awesome cover above! It's so awesome! Check out her story The Week of Sins!

:: THIRTEEN ::

Carolyn watched Andy as his tears collided with the rain rolling down his cheeks. She didn't know what to say, rather what to do. She wanted to kill him, so much. She had so much rage within herself, but how would she pull off such a stunt and living with the aching pain?

Then she wouldn't be any better than the person she feared, she'd be worse. And just the thought of that killed her rhetorically.

"You know Andy, yes. Yes I want to kill you. Yes, I want to see this knife plunged deep into your lungs, I want to see you reaching for air and I want to see your face when you can't get it. I want to see you balling your eyes out in forgiveness, but I know I won't be getting that. You've called me all these names, you've labeled me all these things, but unlike you, I have a heart, and unlike you, I care about people. And I care about the things I do, so no Andy. No, I won't kill you." Carolyn responded, a drop of tear slipping out. She dropped the knife with shaky fingers and turned around.

She took a few steps forward and then heard a fidgeting sound behind her, hastily, she turned her head around and saw Andy grasping the knife from the floor.

"What are you doing?" Carolyn asked her eyes widening. She pushed her damp hair from over her face a glowered at Andy, her breathing hitching and her hands shaking from the could water pouring down on them. "Andy...?" She asked softly. "Don't do it!"

Andy grasped the knife in his hands with one hand hovering over the other. He extended his hands out over his stomach and clenched his eyes tightly shut. Carolyn looked at his chest and how fast it was rising. "You're not the only one having problems..." He said.

You're my problems! You're all of my problems! Carolyn wanted to say but she didn't.

"Please don't do this!" Carolyn cried.

"Why?" Andy cried as well. "Why? I'm nothing but a disaster, I do nothing but destroy things. I'm like a hurricane, I come out of no where, I create a mess of things, and eventually I have to leave."

"Hurricane's don't always leave...some get lost." Carolyn responded and edged herself closer to Andy. "I shouldn't care that you want to hurt yourself, I shouldn't be here stopping you from doing this, but I am, and I don't care how stupid it is...Andy you've made my life a living hell, I know what it's like to want to just give up, I know what it's like to just want to die. Trust me, but hurting yourself isn't going to fix anything." Carolyn responded. It was beautiful, her words, the way she phrased them, but somehow Carolyn couldn't seem to be convinced that she didn't want to see Andy hurt himself. He caused her so much pain, yet still, saving him was the right thing to do.

Because the person who she thought didn't need saving, was the person who needed it the most.

Carolyn was good. And Carolyn was a strong person, a person with a warm heart and a person who didn't deserve to be bullied. And like the strong person she was, she found herself saving the very guy who was slowly killing her.

"You don't know me." Andy said. "You don't know anything of what I've been through, you don't know shit about me. You're just a little bitch whose trying to get me to open up, trying to get me to speak so that I can seem like a fragile, broken little girl like you. But guess what Carolyn? It isn't going to work, so stay the fuck away, yeah?!"

Carolyn clenched her hands in rage and looked up at the pouring sky trying to breathe. "You know what Andy, I'm here helping you, trying to somehow forgive you for the things you've done to me, and you're there holding a knife to your stomach. So go ahead, kill yourself, see if I care." Carolyn turned around and walked away, her bare feet stepping in the cold water.

She tried.

It wasn't until she heard Andy's loud moan that she turned around and saw Andy bent down, blood colliding with the rain and racing down his knuckles. "Oh my god!" Carolyn yelled, her heart felt like it had been broken into a million pieces, her legs felt lightweight and her thoughts were flooded with guilt. Carolyn began running to him, everything seeming in slow motion, her arms swinging at her side, her feet touching the wet ground, her damp hair moving with every step she took and the rain falling methodically against the ground. "Oh my god!" She cried again in shock.

Andy fell back just in time for Carolyn to grasp his back, she sat behind him and leaned his head against her chest his eyes slowly beginning to close. Carolyn pushed Andy's hair back screaming for help. "What have I done? What have I done?" She repeatedly said her voice cracking a few times and her eyes swelling up from all the crying she was doing. Carolyn took Andy's hand and felt how cold it was. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry Andy!" She cried but her voice was barely audible from all the crying she was doing. "What have I done?!"

***

Do you need some tissues? I'm pretty sure you do!

Shit is already beginning to get real you guys! I'm so excited omgg! Prepare yourselves for the next few chapters because as the story is beginning to come to an end, shit is going to get hectic, shit is going to get real, and shit is going to twist your little hearts.

Also, what are your thoughts on Andy? Have you noticed the character developments or am I sucking at that?