Chapter 1: Present Day: 2015

"Tommy!" I heard my little brother Zach yelled, "Tommy! I need your help!"

Hi my name is Tommy Nguyen. I am a 12 year old boy who is afraid of mostly everything. But I'm not the only one. My little brother, Zach, is also a scaredy cat. Like I told you, we are afraid of everything. Yeah everything! The dark. Spiders. Practically our own shadow. You name it and we'll be scared of it.

I know, I know. How is a 12 year old so afraid of his own shadow? Well I'm not. I just use that as an expression. I'm not afraid of my own shadow.
You all know I'm kinda lying right? Any who. My brother and I are always afraid. One time we mistook a guy in a hoody as The Grim Reaper! We were walking home together at night and saw the guy. We spotted the hood then bursted out screaming our heads off. Wow! If you thought that was embarrassing, wait till you here this. At another time, we thought the school principal was an evil goblin. And one time in the bathroom, we thought the urinals and toilets had a mind of it's own when it started flushing by it self. But turns out that was just the other boys in the bathroom.
Wow! Tommy and Zach! You sure are real scaredy cats.
We were afraid of everything.
But we are mostly afraid of...ghosts!

I know. I know. Being afraid of ghosts are lame. The kids at school said that. Scaredy Tommy and his little brother are afraid of ghosts. Ha! Lame. Well I didn't care what they say. I was afraid of ghosts and didn't back down from admitting it. See I am a type of person who is afraid. Scared. Terrified. Horrified. And frightened. Of everything and anything.
Ok that was weird! Did I even hear my self talk? Hmm...guess not!

So I am afraid of ghosts. But suddenly I feel like I had to step up. And not be scared. For years I've been afraid. But not anymore. I gotta act tough. Ok! Ok! Just a moment ago I said I was proud of being afraid and now I'm saying I don't like it anymore. Yeah I know! I'm a weird kid! Any who. I needed to act tough. For my brother. I thought that the only reason he was afraid too was because of me. I needed to be brave. To show Zach that there is nothing to be afraid of. And now here's my chance.

I ran down the hall to Zach's room. The door was wide open. I then stepped inside. "What is it?" I asked,"What's wrong?". I saw Zach. Standing in the middle of the room. In his football pajamas. Yeah...he plays sports. He pointed to the closet. "G-g-ghosts!" He managed to choke out! I glanced at the closet. "W-what?! Really?!"
Then I whispered to myself. "Come on Tommy. Be brave for Zach. "Uh Zach" I said, "I'm pretty sure there is no ghost!"
"Yes there is!" Zach said, "I saw it! It touched me with it's boney hand!"
I then thought to my self. How am I gonna prove that there is no ghost?! Wait I got it! I walked up to the closet. "Here I'll show you." I said as I reached out a hand to the closet door knob. Twisted it. Then opened it. "See" I said, "No ghosts!"   I waited for Zach's terrified face to go away. But then his expression got even worst. "Oh yeah?" He said, "Then what's that!?"

Huh?! I spun around. Then letted out a gasp of horror as a skeleton hand reach out to touch me!!!