CHAPTER 8: Fear of the Unknown

~~NOTE! I drew the picture for this chapter too! Hope you like it!~~

~~~~~Alfred's POV~~~~~

It was dark, cold and felt tight. My head ached and I felt something warm running down the side of my face. I didn't know where I was or what happened, but what I do remember was I was talking to Arthur and then there were two bright like lights. I realized after staring at what used to be the dashboard of my truck, that I must've been in a wreck. I remember the sounds of crunching metal and screaming, breaking glass and being tossed around like a ragdoll. I started to panic, looking over at Arthur. He was unconscious, but still breathing. I let out a small sigh in partial relief. Once I looked around at my surroundings, it looked like the only way out was through where the windshield used to be. I unbuckled myself and almost fell on Arthur. The truck was on its side, so it was very difficult to move around. I unbuckled Arthur and when I went to grab him, something felt wrong. I couldn't feel my left arm, so I looked over to see if it was caught on something. I started breathing very fast at what I saw. I saw my arm crunched and mangled where the door had trapped it. What made it worse was that it wasn't even attached to me. I went to feel where my arm was suppose to be and started screaming in horror. My arm was gone! Nothing below my shoulder! I started crying, but realized I needed to stop the bleeding. I ripped my shirt and tied off my shoulder. There was still Arthur that needed to get out of the truck. I grabbed Arthur and pulled him out of the truck. It was pretty difficult pulling a person out of a truck with one arm. I made sure he was on his back so his coat would protect him from the glass. Once I got us both far enough away, I fell to the ground. When I landed, one of the sideview mirrors was in front of me and I got to see what had happened to me, mostly. I looked like crap! There was blood running down my face from when I hit my head on the window, I had a large gash over my left eye, which was bloodshot red and I had a few scratches and bruises. My eye was really creepy. The red where white should have been next to the blue of my iris was pretty creepy. It looked like I had a demon eye or something. After a bit, I looked around and noticed the semi was gone. That means it was a hit-and-run and that help hadn't been contacted yet. I reached in my pocket, hoping my phone was going to be able to dial 911, and thank goodness it was alright. I called 911 and told them everything. As I was talking with the operator, I heard Arthur groaning. He then started taking short breathes and started screaming in pain again, clutching his shirt. I tried scooting over toward him, but stopped, feeling pain. The adrenaline started wearing off and I couldn't even move from the pain. I started screaming and continued even after the ambulance arrived.

~~~~~No one's POV~~~~~

Both were taken in the same ambulance, because the hospital was having a busy night and didn't have enough ambulances. When they arrived at the hospital, Arthur was taken out first. They had to go through the main entrance of the hospital, because the area where ambulances would go was blocked by all the ambulances coming in. When Arthur was wheeled in, he was still screaming and he scared the people in the lobby. Next was Alfred and unlike Arthur, he wasn't screaming. He looked the worst though. Mothers covered their children's eyes and others covered their mouths, wide-eyed. Alfred just stared with a blank expression. The last thing Alfred remembered before he passed out was a little girl watching him. She looked like a younger, female version Alfred. She had her mouth gaped and tears in her wide, blue eyes. Alfred gave her a weak smile before he succumbed to darkness. Alfred was taken to surgery and Arthur to the ICU. When the doctors figured out what Arthur had, they quickly wanted to get him in surgery. Arthur had heart cancer and needed a transplant if he was to live. There was only one heart suitable for the transplant however.