Chapter 3 ~Riley~

'Ello! Toucat here!

Do tell me if you have suggestions or any advice! I love to learn!

Thank you!

~Toucat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riley's POV

I was about to have a fit. Why the hell did I have to go again?!

As if reading my mind, Angelica piped in "You said you would!" She said with a pointed look. "Stop complaining and let me put this makeup on you!" She said trying to keep my head still.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms "This was not part of the deal." I said with a small childish huff.

Angelica rolled her eyes back at me "Stay still, or the mascara won't work!" She said desperately trying to apply mascara onto my eyes.

I grumbled "Fine, but you owe me!" I said narrowing my eyes at Angelica.

Angelica nodded "Yeah, yeah.." She said with a small smile.

~2 hours later~

Angelica and I were finally ready with all the makeup and shoes and dress..etc.

Angelica clapped her hands "Let's go! Gurl!" She said with a small smile on her face. She ran out of my house in excitement.

I rolled my eyes. How could she run in those heels? I walked after her and as I neared my car, I saw her sitting in the driver's seat. "No, uh, uh.." I said shaking my head. This car was still pretty new and knowing how Angelica drives, she would flat out kill my car.

Angelica pursed her lips in a pout "What?! But Rilleyyyy, pretty pwease!" She said using her baby voice and puppy eyes.

I shook my head with a small smirk "Nope." I said before adding in "Now move..." I said teasingly.

Angelica huffed "Fine." She said before moving to the passenger seat.

I started the car and we pulled out heading towards this so-called ball.

Along the way, Angelica started talking a lot "OMG! I'm so excited...ugh, what if I'm the Prince's mate?!" She said looking at me excitedly.

I rolled my eyes "Calm yourself.." I said with a small smile before adding in "We're here." I couldn't help but stare at the castle in amazement. It was actually amazing and so beautiful. Colored lights were strung at the entrance and at the borders of the castle. Everything seemed so festive.
I could already see some girls already heading towards the castle entrance.

I found a place to park and I took a deep breath and prayed to the Moon Goddess. Please don't have me find my mate today, please. I glanced at Angelica.

Angelica looked at me curiously "What are you doing?" She asked as she got out of my car.

I looked away "Just thinking about something.." I said as I got out of my car. I was just about to put the keys into my purse when Angelica stopped me. "Nu, uh. I know you, you'll probably drive off when I'm not looking, give me the keys.." She said looking at me with a small smile.

I groaned and handed her the keys and started to walk towards the castle entrance.

Angelica caught up to me. "Whoa.." She said as she scanned the castle. She went ahead of me and entered the castle in her excitement.