Chapter 7 ~Riley & Unknown~

Hello, guys! 

How are you, <3's ? 

I have finals coming up soon so I'll be busy but I will definitely try to update as soon as I can. :D

See ya! 

~Toucat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riley's POV

Could he see through my lie?

True, I wanted to see my family and all that, but I wanted to actually escape from him.

I wasn't sure whether my family was going to help me or not, but I wanted to take that chance. At least I knew for sure that my family wouldn't stop me.

I sighed. I didn't want a mate, but yet I still got one.

Why can't I get to choose? Why does life have to be so unfair?

I want to actually fall in love with someone, not be forced to be together with him, especially since he is the future King.

I can't be Queen, I don't have this kind of responsibility or influence or power or whatever.

I just want to go back to my regular life.

I heard a small knock on the door. I ignored it at first, but the person kept on knocking and I sighed before finally speaking. "Come in." I said cautiously.

A maid came through the door. She bowed. "Miss Luna, there is to be a royal meeting that you must attend."

"I must attend?" I repeated the maid's words. I really didn't want to go. Maybe if I refuse to attend all this royal stuff, then maybe they will leave me alone and eventually let me leave...

The maid nodded. "Yes, Miss Luna, you have to attend. You will be introduced to the royal family and the council."

I sighed but I finally nodded. "Fine...and also, you don't have to call me Miss Luna, just my name, Riley, is fine." I said trying to be polite. I got to my feet ready to head out when the maid's voice stopped me.

"W-wait, um, Miss Lu-I mean, Riley..." The maid said awkwardly. "You have to change." She said now holding up a black and white dress that I had not noticed before.

I glanced down at what I was wearing. Oh yeah..I had forgotten. I finally nodded. "Okay..I guess..."

The maid handed the dress to me. "I'll wait outside if you don't need my help. Just come out when you're ready and I'll lead you to the common room."

I gave a small nod."I can put on the dress myself."

The maid curtsied and left the room.

I sighed and quickly changed into the black and white dress. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before walking out of the room.

My eyes widened slightly. The Prince was here, in front of me. In shock, I took a small step back. The maid bowed at the Prince and I before walking away.

The Prince turned his eyes to me and looked at me.

His intense gaze made me uncomfortable and I looked away awkwardly. "Ummm, what are you doing here?" I asked trying to be polite.

The Prince smirked slightly. "I'm your escort of course, mate." He said stressing the word mate. He stuck out his hand to me.

I looked at everything but him. Why did he make me feel so awkward, so strange and just so uncomfortable overall? Even his voice..I felt like I could melt into it. So velvety and smooth...I shook my head slightly to clear my mind of his thoughts. What's wrong with me?