Chapter 2 ~Sebastian~

Heyyy!!

Anyways, this chapter is Sebastion's POV before the ball....

Please comment, follow and like, as it is much appreciated!

Thank you!

~Toucat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sebastian's POV

I grinned as I woke up with a huge yawn. I glanced at the girl right next to me confused for a moment before I remembered the night we shared.

The girl yawned and woke up. She grinned "Prince..." She purred trying to make her voice sound seductive.

I rolled my eyes slightly "Brittany, get out.."

Brittany rolled her eyes and crawled out of the bed. She smiled at me seductively "See ya, darling.." She said stepping out of my suite naked.

I sighed and finally got up. I stretched and dressed in a tux and headed out of my suite.

A butler was outside and he bowed his head to me "Good morning, Prince. The queen and king has requested your presence for a surprise."

I nodded at the butler barely giving him a glance. "The common room?" I asked straightening my tie.

The butler nodded "Yes." He said stepping in front of me "I can escort you."

I nodded "Fine." I said. What kind of surprise was it this time?

The butler nodded and started to walk down the hallway.

I followed him.

At the end of the hallway was the common room.

The butler nodded at the other two butlers standing outside the doors.
The two butlers opened the huge double doors and they bowed their heads as I passed them.

I completely ignored them but I dipped my head at my father and mother sitting at the front.
My sister sat near them. She completely ignored me but the feeling was mutual. My sister and I were never on the best terms.

My mother smiled at me and motioned to an empty chair "Come...and...sit." She said.

I smiled back and sat down "What is this surprise you are talking about?" I said trying to be patient.

My father spoke "We will be holding a grand ball tomorrow in hopes of finding your mate."

My eyes widened slightly "My mate?"
I had mixed feelings about this mate thingy, I wanted one, but then again, I would never be able to play around with the other girls after I find her.

My wolf stirred slightly but made no comment.

My mother took my hand "You will need her to receive the crown. Your father and I are getting old. And we know you will make a wonderful King." She smiled at me although there seemed to be something else on her mind.

I thought it would be best to not ask and I smiled back. "Have invitations been sent?" I asked glancing at my watch causally. I had a meeting with my friend, Thomas, and I didn't want to be late.

My father seemed to notice my impatience and nodded "Invitations have been sent." He said before adding in "You seem to be busy, and as long as you are not hungry, you are dismissed."

I nodded "Thank you, father." I bowed at mother and father before leaving heading towards the garden.

~5 minutes later~

A hummingbird flew past me. The garden was full of life which was why I loved the garden. Flowers were in bloom and the buzz of busy bees were refreshing.

I spotted Thomas sitting on one of the benches that lined the garden. I waved "Hello." I said with a small smile.

Thomas looked up "Hey.." He said with a small smirk "I assume, you've heard about the ball?"

I rolled my eyes "I hate the fact that I am always the last one to know. You would think that since it's for me, I would be the first, but, no, apparently, the ball is tomorrow, and I only get informed today." I said with a small sigh.

Thomas raised his hands up in mock surrender "Okay, okay..no need to go all ranty on me.." He said with a small smirk. "Anyways, this might be good for me, you know..I could find my mate too..." He said his eyes lighting up at that hope.

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the ribs with a playful smirk "I know, I know...always taking advantage, huh?" I asked teasingly sitting down next to him.

Thomas smirked "Ha, why else would you think I would hang out with you?" He said obviously joking by his demeanor. He turned serious though "I hope she is everything I need though, but you know what I mean.."

I sighed and nodded at Thomas "I know." Thomas and I have been friends since we were 10. Thomas was abandoned at the steps of the castle. A servant family took him in, and he has been here ever since. When Thomas got older, my mother and father appointed him as one of my guards.

Thomas looked around before speaking "Enough of me, what do you want for your mate?"

I shrugged "You know, I really don't know. Of course, I want her to pretty, obedient and obviously good in bed..." I said with a small laugh at the last part.

Thomas grinned at me "Of course.." He said shaking his hair back with a laugh.

I saw a servant woman walking towards us briskly "Thomas, Anastasia needs your help..". She bowed her head at me "Prince.." She said before glancing at Thomas.

Thomas glanced at me "See you later." He said before nodding at the woman "Again?" he murmured before walking away.

I sighed a little bit and cast my gaze to a single rose flower blooming on the south side of the garden. Beautiful.

And, I couldn't help but be reminded of the Beast in the story, Beauty and the Beast.

Cast aside and turned into a humanoid creature,

Selfishness poisons the heart and a curse is made,

The single rose that Beast refused to take could cause his doom

A girl comes and love blossoms between the Beauty and the Beast

Maybe this is what love is?

To see past the beast to the beauty, or could it be seeing past the beauty to the beast?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Yes, I know updating is taking so slow, but high school has been very, very busy...

Next chapter, will be the ball in Riley's POV.
Please like, follow and comment!

Thanks!

~Toucat

Word Count: 1051 Words