Chapter 5 ~Riley~

Heyyy,

Read the bottom A/N note, cause I'm too lazy and sick to explain it here :P

So, what do you guys think of this chapter?

I feel like my sickness is causing a lack of imagination, sorry!

~Toucat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riley's POV

Ugh, I felt horrible. I felt sick and I wanted to puke. I opened my eyes and I gasped. Where was I? I quickly got out of bed, ignoring the soreness of my legs and arms. Memories flowed back and my eyes widened.

The Prince....my mate...the chase...ugh. I couldn't take the sudden intake of memories and I puked on the carpet. I wiped my mouth and I let out a sigh, well at least I felt a little better.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked around. No one was here and a sudden light bulb popped into my mind.

Maybe, I could escape...

I tried the doorknob. Open. But as I stepped out, I saw two guards patrolling the hallway. Maybe I can't escape this way...I retreated back into the room.

I heard a knock on the door and I at first ignored it, but then I heard Angelica's voice on the other side. '"Riley? Can I come in?" She said.

I nodded "Come in." I said. The door flung open and Angelica rushed at me giving me a huge hug. "Are you okay? What happened?" She asked noticing the puke on the carpet.

My eyes widened slightly but I let out a small laugh and put my hands up in surrender. "Hey, hey, one question at a time." I said. I sighed softly, but then I noticed Angelica's clothing. She was in a different dress than before, one that only the rich would wear. I raised an eyebrow. "Let's talk about you first, so, who's your mate?" I asked remembering last night.

Angelica burst into a full grin "He's absolutely wonderful. His name is Thomas, and he is one of the special royalty guards here in the palace. He's also friends with your mate, the Prince."

My happy features dropped as Angelica mentioned the Prince. I shrugged "That's wonderful." I said. "He treats you right, right?" I asked. Though I didn't want a mate, I wanted what was best for Angelica, and I didn't want her to get hurt by Thomas.

Angelica nodded "Of course." She frowned a little bit probably noticing my change of expression. "Come on, Riley. The Prince really isn't bad at all, you have to give him a chance."

I shook my head "Angelica, you already know my answer. It's no."

Angelica sighed a little bit "But, he's the Prince and once he becomes King, he needs a Queen. And heirs." She said.

My wolf whispered to me. She's right, you know.

My eyes narrowed. She was right, but he could find another girl. I knew many girls would jump at the chance to be with him, so he would be able to find a mate. I voiced my thoughts to Angelica "He can always find another girl. Any girl would be glad to be with him, so he can find a Queen."

Angelica shook her head at my words, but changed the subject "So, what's with the puke?" She asked. I detected a worried edge to her voice.

I looked at Angelica "I'm sick, well at least I feel sick." My mind flashed back to the prick I felt yesterday. It must have been some kind of medicine to make me black out. Maybe, right now it was just the side effects.