Chapter 9

8. Nov

I woke up to the delicious smell of breakfast cooking. I grinned, knowing that Liam was cooking for my birthday. I felt like a child again, which is ironic because I'm only getting older. I got up and slipped on sweatpants before going to brush my teeth. I skipped downstairs, not bothering to put a shirt on, and I leaned against the wall while staring at Liam's bare back. I smiled at how cute and hot he looked standing in front of the stove. He was humming softly, his hips swaying adorably. He was wearing the same thing I was; sweatpants and no shirt. I walked up to him, placing my hands on his hips, causing him to jump.
"Ni," he chuckled, turning his head and smiling at me, "you aren't supposed to be up right now. I was going to bring you breakfast in bed."
"You're cute," I grinned and moving to lean against the counter to stare at him.
"Happy birthday, love," he said, leaning in to kiss me softly but quickly to get back to making pancakes. His pancakes were the best by far. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my chin on his shoulder.
"Babe, I promise to cuddle with you, or do whatever you want, after I finish making this and after we eat," he said, grinning at me. I chuckled and backed away from him and let him do his thing. He was making my favorite breakfast; pancakes, French toast, and bacon.
"Your dancing was cute when I walked in," I mused, teasing him about it.
"Shut up," he mumbled, cheeks turning a cute shade of pink. I smirked and watched him set the table with the food.
"Do you need help?" I asked.
"Nah, I got it," he said, swiftly putting everything out on the table.
"Thank you for this," I said, smiling brightly at him. He nodded and sat down across from me, eating a little bit of everything.
"You're cute when you eat," I said while observing him.
"Weird," he said, grinning at me. I ate quickly per usual, devouring the delicious food.
"It's not going anywhere, you can slow down," he said, always having something to say about my fast eating. I rolled my eyes and continued to finish off my plate before getting up and washing it off.
"What do you have planned for today?" Liam asked, standing up and mirroring my actions.
"Not sure," I shrugged and giggled when he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.
"Hey, love," I chuckled and reached my hand up to run it through his hair. He grinned and pressed kisses along my shoulder.
"Me and you are going to be spending the weekend away," he informed me.
"Oh?" I grinned.
"We're going to be staying in a cabin in the woods," he said and I chuckled.
"Have you not watched the movie, Li?" I asked sarcastically.
"Yes and you mentioned you always wanted to stay in one, even though you watched the movie," he said and I turned around to face him.
"You remembered that? That was years ago," I said in disbelief. He shrugged.
"I have a good memory," he said and I kissed him softly, flattered he remembered such small details.
"When do we leave?" I asked against his lips.
"Whenever you're ready," he grinned.
"We don't have a show until Wednesday so we can stay there until Tuesday," he said and I quickly hugged him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.
"What is it, Ni?" He asked, confused about my abrupt hug.
"I love you," I said, "for remembering that and actually making it happen." He chuckled and pulled away to kiss me on the cheek.
"I love you, too, babe, now go pack," he said. I nodded and pecked his cheek before going to our room and quickly packing. I made sure I had warm clothes, given it was started to get cold. I took some of Liam's sweaters and hoodies because, well, they're warm and they smell Ike him. I'm a fast packer and I was finished within 15 minutes. I put on a long sleeve shirt and slipped on shoes.
"Liam, I'm ready," I called, snagging my phone and my wallet. He was in our room in seconds, grabbing his stuff from the closet.
"You ready?" He asked. I nodded eagerly. I kissed him, pulling him closer to me. I then groaned when my phone started ringing, pulling me away from Liam.
"Hold on," I said and answered my phone, not bothering to look at who was calling.
"What up?" I said, earning a chuckle from Liam.
"Now is that a respectful to answer to your mother?" My mum asked and I chuckled after cringing.
"Sorry, mum," I said, making Liam laugh even harder.
"Happy birthday, love," she chuckled, "you're getting so old."
"I feel like it too," I joked, "but thank you, mum."
"How are you?" She asked.
"Amazing, how are you guys?"
"Good, though we're missing you a lot," she said and I frowned, because I too was missing them.
"I'm sorry, mum, we just have a lot going on," I apologized.
"Don't worry about us, Niall. I love you, okay? Here's your dad, he's been dying to talk to you. Send Liam our love, as well," she said making me chuckle.
"Okay, I love you, mum," I said.
"Happy birthday, son," my dad said once my mum passed this phone to him.
"Thank you!" I said happily, "how's everything with you?" I listened to him answer while Liam pressed kisses on my jawline.
"I'll let you go, Niall," my dad said, "I'll talk to you soon, stay safe, I love you."
"Love you too, bye dad," I said and hung up, smiling down at Liam.
"You're cute," I said. He grinned at me.
"Parents said they loved you," I informed him and he smiled.
"I love them," he chuckled and kissed my cheek.
"You ready to go, Liam?" I asked, running my hand through his hair. He nodded and grabbed both of our bags. I made sure I had everything and followed him to the garage.
"Your arms look nice," I noted, eyeing his arm muscles as he put our things
in the car. He chuckled and looked up at me. Winking, I got into the car. He got in beside me and started driving. And damn did he look hot while driving.
"You're staring," he said, not even having to look at me.
"I'm aware," I said. He smiled, reaching over and holding my hand. I blushed intensely and decided to spend some time to go through all my birthday messages, given my phone was vibrating constantly. I thanked everyone both on Twitter and in my messages.
"You're popular," Liam said and I chuckled.
"Only for today," I said, putting my phone away and lifting his hand up to kiss the back of it.
"How'd you find the place again?" I asked.
"I have my ways," he said mysteriously and I decided not to question him further.
"How far is this place?" I asked.
"Not too far," he shrugged. I raised my eyebrow at him and stared at him.
"So many questions and not enough answers," I said. He grinned and rested his hand on my thigh. I involuntarily shivered at his touch and he, thankfully, didn't notice. I stared out of the window, noticing that we're completely in the middle of no where, surrounded by trees.
"Babe, relax," he murmured.
"I am relaxed," I said, getting a laugh out of him.
"Whatever you say, love," he chuckled.
"How long will it take to get there?" I asked instead.
"Not long," he said vaguely and I rolled my eyes.
"You're being so difficult," I groaned.
"You really are the most impatient person I have ever met," he said, fondly, yet annoyingly.
"You would be impatient too if you had no idea where you were going and the person you were with wouldn't tell you," I said. He glanced at me and grinned. Annoyingly. But adorably.
"Stop doing that," I said, well whined really.
"Doing what?" He asked.
"Looking so adorable and making it impossible to be angry with you," I said, and it was true; you could never be mad at that face.
"I can't help it," he shrugged, "but I promise you that it'll be worth the wait."
"This is how all horror movies start," I commented blankly.
"Oh shut up, Niall," he laughed while we approached a dead end.
"This is literally a horror movie, Liam, what the fuck?" I said. He grinned and turned right, into a remote, dark, creepy rode. There were so many trees it blocked mostly all the light trying to seep through.
"Calm down, babe," he said and brought my hand up to his lips, kissing it softly. He must've driven us for a straight 10 minutes before a beautiful cabin came into view. I stared back and forth between the cabin and Liam.
"Was it worth it?" He smirked. I nodded and pulled him in to kiss him quickly.
"You haven't even seen the inside yet, love," he said against my lips and got out of the car. I quickly followed as he got our stuff out of the car.
"You're amazing, Li," I said, in awe at how beautiful the place was. He chuckled and nodded. He led me inside, opening the door to the beautiful, cozy place. It was setup beautifully; the main room had millions of blankets and pillows piled up in front of a huge projector screen. It smelled of vanilla and peppermint and it was absolutely perfect. I slid my hand around his waist and leaned in, kissing him more slowly this time. The love I have for him is insane.
"Thank you for this, Liam," I said, squeezing his hip lightly. He smiled brightly, nodding and taking my hand to lead me to the bedroom.
"I love it," I said instantly as I walked into the room.
"I knew you would," he smiled and set down our things.
"I'm really interested in watching something on the big screen," I said, tugging lightly on his arm.
"Sounds good," he said, "do you want something to drink?" He asked as we made our way back to the living room.
"Can you make me your amazing hot chocolate?" I asked, getting a sudden craving for it.
"Yeah," he chuckled and nodded. He pecked my cheek before heading to the kitchen. I made my way around the cabin, obsessed with everything. I couldn't wait to get into the heaps of blankets with Liam. I kicked off my shoes and waited for Liam to get back here.
"Ni, they're ready," Liam said.
"Did you add-"
"Everything's in there," he cut me off, handing me the mug. I grinned at him and gestured for him to sit down.
"Thank you, Li, for all of this," I said, setting down the cup and pulling him closer to me.
"Anything for you," he said cheekily and I laughed.
"You're so cheesy," I said and kissed his cheek.
"Am I?" He grinned. I nodded and pushed him further onto the floor. I kissed him softly and grinned when he ran his hands down my sides. I pulled away and smiled at him.
"Are you okay, Niall?" He chuckled, holding me up by my hips.
"Yes, babe," I nodded and leaned down to kiss his neck softly.
"Niall," he breathed.
"Yes?" I said against his skin.
"Feels good," he murmured and I giggled. I sat up and smiled widely at him.
"I love you, Li," I said and grabbed the hot chocolate and took a massive sip of it. He kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around me.
"I love you too," he said, making my cheeks heat up.
"Cute," he murmured and pressed his lips to my cheek once again.
"Stop, Liam," I groaned fondly. He laughed and pushed me further onto the floor.
"Liam," I laughed and grabbed his waist. He smiled down at me before kissing me. I ran my fingers through his hair before resting my hand on the nape of his neck. We continued kissing, slowly, softly, and passionately. He made his way to my neck, tugging on my shirt. I sat up, pushing him away lightly and pulling my shirt off. I grinned and gestured him closer to me. He smirked and took his shirt off before continuing to kiss me. I barely had time to admire his (gorgeous) body. He pressed his lips to my neck, sucking lightly and sending shivers down my back.
"I love you," Liam breathed. I chuckled and nodded. He pulled away from me and smiled widely.
"Come on, babe, let's cuddle and watch movies," I said and kissed his cheek softy. He nodded and pulled me down and wrapped his arms around me.
"Thank you again, Liam," I said, "for everything." He giggled and kissed my forehead. I blushed and laid my head back down on his chest and watched him go through a list of movies.
"Remember that one time when you forgot your key and I was asleep and couldn't let you in?" Liam randomly said.
"Yeah, why?" I asked slowly.
"I wasn't really asleep," he said.
"Liam!" I gasped involuntarily, "what the hell."
"Sorry, love, I was just mad and annoyed and didn't feel like getting up," he chuckled.
"Asshole," I shoved him, "why are you telling me this now?"
"Dunno, just remembered and decided to tell you," he shrugged.
"You're awful," I said, "you know that?"
"I'm sorry," he laughed. I laughed too, I have to admit, it is kind of funny.
"If it makes you feel any better, I'll never do it again," he said and I rolled my eyes.
"You're not actually mad, are you?" He asked. After not answering his question he frowned and nudged me.
"Babe, come on," he sighed. I couldn't help but smile at him and kiss his cheek.
"No, I'm not," I assured him. He blushed and adorably tried hiding it.
"Stop, I know you're making fun of me in your head," he said. I just grinned and cuddled closer to him and turned my attention to the movie that's been playing.
"Have you done anything mean to me before?" He asked and I glanced at him. I thought about it, and I couldn't recall a time that I genuinely did something cruel.
"I don't think so," I shook my head, "not intentionally."
"But what about- never mind, it's not important," he shook his head and I raised my eyebrow at him.
"What?" I asked and stared at him.
"What about all those girls you brought home?" He asked slowly and I inhaled sharply.
"That wasn't to hurt you, it was just my way of coping," I explained, "but I'm sorry, I get how it would hurt you and I didn't mean for it to hurt you." He nodded understandingly and I looked at him guiltily.
"I'm sorry, Liam, I didn't realize that it hurt you," I frowned.
"It's okay, that was before and it doesn't matter," he said.
"Are you sure?" I asked and stroked his cheek softly. He nodded and reached up and took my hand into his.
"Babe," I murmured. He shook his head and softly pressed his lips on mine. His kisses were so soft and loving and perfect. He rested his hand on the back of my neck and gripped my hair lightly. I smiled against his lips, breaking the kiss.
"What is it?" He asked and I shrugged.
"Nothing, you just make me really happy," I said.
"Yeah?" He grinned. I nodded.
"Now do you wanna make out or watch the movie?" I asked.
"It's your day, love, whatever you want," he smiled. I chuckled and kissed him as I pushed him further onto the floor.

-

a/n: this took so long omg I'm so so sorry! Happy New Years everyone !! I've had such a hectic few months in sorry for now update!