Chapter 10

14. February (tried writing it at this date and failed)
24. June (actually began writing)

I sat alone in our house which was becoming more and more of a daily thing. Niall has been going out more lately. Yes, he can do whatever he wants to do, but it was really starting to bug me. It scared me as well; what if he goes back to random hookups? What if he slips back into his bad habits? He's already beginning to spiral back into them. During the day he comes home high, and at night, he's coming back drunk. This time, it was three in the afternoon when I heard the door open and close. I sighed and put down my pen and paper; I was working on new music. I waited for him to come in here with another pointless explanation as to why and where he was. He came into the room and changed, and without saying a word, he plopped onto the bed.
"Hey," I said slowly. He smiled at me briefly before returning his attention back to his phone. By the look of his eyes, and by the smell of him, I knew he was high. It's not that I had anything against weed; I enjoy it myself from time to time, but lately it's been affecting him differently.
"Niall," I sighed, getting up from my chair and sitting next to him.
"What up, Li?" He asked.
"What is up with you lately?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" He asked, completely oblivious. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.
"Seriously?" I said.
"I'm just having fun, Liam," he said, putting his phone down and holding my hand.
"I feel like you're getting back into hold habits," I said.
"I know how to control myself," he said.
"I'm not saying you don't, Niall, I'm just saying that it's becoming excessive," I said. He rolled his eyes and sat up.
"Listen, Liam. I'm fine, I'm just having a good time with my friends, relax," he said.
"You know, you're a dick when you're drunk, Niall. I'm so annoyed with this. You're doing the same things as before and god knows what else. I'm done with it," I snapped.
"Li," he sighed.
"I'm over it. Do whatever you want," I said and got up. I grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys before walking out of the room.
"Liam," he yelled, following after me.
"What?" I said sharply.
"Look, I'm sorry, I didn't know that it was affecting you. I'll cool it, Liam, I swear. I'm sorry," he said. I sighed and crossed my arms and stared at him.
"Liam, seriously, I'm sorry," he said and reached out to place his hand lightly on my arm.
"I don't enjoy being treated like I'm invisible," I said.
"I'm sorry, Li," he murmured. I sighed.
"If things don't change, Niall, then I can't be with someone-"
"Liam, stop. Please, I'm sorry. I'll stop okay. I can't lose you, Li," he said and stepped towards me, "please, Liam. I'm serious about you and us, and I know I suck at showing it, but I am serious about it."
"Okay, Niall. Okay. I hear you, I'm just saying that I can't deal with this anymore. I get going out and having fun, but every day and every night," I shook my head, "you've become someone you're not, all mean and irritating."
"Li, I'm sorry, I didn't realize how awful I was being. I'm sorry," he said, pleading for my forgiveness.
"Niall," I sighed.
"I'm sorry, Li. I'd never hurt you intentionally, I love you too much to do that," he interrupted me.
"Calm down, Niall," I said, "I forgive you, I do, I just want you to know that I'm not going to get pushed around and let things go so easily."
"Okay, Liam. I get it. I'm sorry," he murmured, "please don't leave." I sighed and uncrossed my arms, pulling him in for a hug.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"I know, baby, it's okay," I said into his hair.
"I'm sorry. This happens every year since that whole relationship thing happened," he mumbled, "I try not to let it get bad, I'm sorry."
"Hey, love, don't worry about it," I said, "come on, let's lay down, yeah?" He nodded and I led him back to the room.  I took off my shirt, per usual, and got into bed. I pulled him next to me, smiling softly at him.
"Are you okay?" I asked. He shrugged but nonetheless managed to smile at me.
"What do you normally do around this time?" I asked, genuinely curious and wanting to know anyway I can help.
"Harry usually just sits with me. Then this happens; I do this kind of stuff because it seems to help," he sighed. I kissed his forehead and nodded.
"I'm always here for you, you can always talk to me, okay?" I said.
"Thank you. I'm sorry you have to deal with this," he sighed.
"Don't be sorry, Niall. I have unconditional love for you, nothing will change that," I assured him.
"You're the best, Liam," he said, "thank you." I nodded and smiled.
"What were you working on over there?" He asked.
"Just some new songs, nothing special," I said.
"We have a music room for a reason, Li," he chuckled.
"I know, it's just something about this room that gets me to write," I said.
"Cute. I always get inspiration from my showers," he said absentmindedly. I chuckled and kissed him, resting my hand on his neck.
"Li," he smiled against my lips.
"Yeah?" I grinned.
"I love you," he said, gently playing with my hair.
"I love you too," I smiled and pecked his lips once again.
"God, you're beautiful," he whispered, his hand trailing down my torso. I shivered at his touch.
"Niall," I said while he traced the outline of my abs.
"Shush," he said. I chuckled as he moved closer and pressed his lips to my neck. I inhaled deeply, in love with the feeling of his lips on me.
"I love you," he said against my skin. I nodded and scratched his back lightly. He pushed me onto my back before climbing on top of me and continuing to kiss my neck. I gripped his hips then pushed his shirt up his torso. He sat up to take it off then went back to kissing me. He sucked on my neck and collar bone aggressively and man, was he a pro at it. He slowly, teasingly, grinded on me and I let a moan slip out of my mouth.
"Niall," I breathed, placing my hand on his chest.
"Hmm?" His eyes were a bit redder now and hazed. I sighed softly and pulled him down, kissing him lightly.
"You are the best kisser," he said making me laugh and blush.
"Then come here," I murmured. I pulled him down and kissed him again. He kissed me quickly before rolling off of me and laying on his back.
"I really love you," he said, grabbing ahold of my hand, "and I'm sorry for being a jerk."
"I love you too, don't worry about it, babe," I said.
"I'm going to go make a sandwich, do you want one?" He asked.
"No thank you," I chuckled. He nodded and got up, pulling me with him. Once I stood up, I pulled him into my arms and hugged him tightly.
"Babe, I can't breathe," he chuckled.
"Sorry," I grinned, loosening my grip on him and kissing the top of his head.
"My sandwich isn't going to make itself, Li," he said, grinning at me.
"Come on," I rolled my eyes and followed him downstairs. He began making himself a sandwich while I watched. He made the most extravagant sandwiches. Also, he looked pretty damn hot doing it as well. I stood behind him, running my fingers down his sides.
"Again, Li, this sandwich isn't going to make itself," he said. I chuckled and pressed my lips to his neck softly.
"Babe," he breathed and leaned closer to me.
"Make your sandwich, love," I murmured against his skin before backing away.
"Suddenly I'm not hungry anymore," he said and turned to face me.
"Shut up and eat," I chuckled and sat up on the counter.
"It can wait," he grinned and walked towards me. He stood between my legs and kissed me. I drew him in closer and deepened the kiss. To be annoying, I pulled away and grinned.
"Sandwich isn't going to make itself, babe," I said.
"Dick," he muttered and stalked off the continue making his food.
"Love you," I grinned. He scoffed sarcastically and put everything away. He walked past me, sandwich in hand, giving me a side eye before leaving the kitchen. I jumped off the counter and followed him into the living room. I sat next to him and grinned.
"All these couches, all these rooms, and you choose to sit right next to me," he said and took a bite out of his sandwich.
"Shut up, Niall," I frowned.
"Kidding, babe," he said and put his arm around me. While he was preoccupied, I took a bite of his sandwich.
"Hey!" He said, "you said you didn't want one yet you're eating mine?"
"Couldn't resist," I shrugged. He smiled and shook his head. He took another bite of his sandwich before offering me some.
"Weren't you just yelling at me for taking a bite?" I questioned.
"I was joking, you can have it if you want, I don't mind," he said.
"You're really sweet," I grinned, "continue eating, babe." He smiled and continued eating.
"Are you sure you don't want the rest?" He asked when there was a little less than half left.
"I'm sure," I nodded. He finished it off reluctantly, asking me every few seconds if I was completely sure I didn't want any. We laid on the couch together, legs tangled with each other. I laid my head on his chest and snuggled closer to him.
"You tired?" He asked, playing with my hair.
"Little bit," I nodded.
"Sleep, babe," he murmured.
"I want to talk to you though," I said.
"I'll be here when you wake you," he said and rubbed my back.
"Thank you," I said sleepily.
"For what?" He asked.
"Just thank you," I said. He continued to rub my back until I dozed off.

-

A/n: crappy for the long wait. Sorry guys! Very busy lately!