Chapter 2

It's been a week since Zayn and I told the guys we were 'together'. Things haven't been easy to say the least. Niall and I were in yet another argument. We were fighting about nothing basically, but what else is new.

"Don't you have other places to be instead of here?" He asked.

"I live here if you forgot. What, do you need me to leave so you fuck every other girl that's breathing?" I said, glaring at him.

"Shut the fuck up, Liam. You know I'm not like that," he said, growing angrier by the second.

"Do I? Because I don't think I can count how many times I've heard you fucking your brains out," I said, raising my voice.

"I swear to god Liam-"

"What are you gonna do?" I cut him off. He took a deep breath and scoffed.

"I can't believe me and you were ever friends cause now I can barely stand you," he muttered. I sighed and shook my head. "Just tell me one thing, Liam," Niall said, "why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you," I denied.

"Bullshit," he shook his head.

"I don't, Niall," I said.

"I think I deserve an explanation for why you've been so rude to me then," he said and sat down across from me.

"I can't explain it," I mumbled.

"Unless someone's going to kill you if you tell me, then you can," he said.

"You did nothing wrong," I assured him.

"This doesn't make sense," he said, confused, "so if I haven't done anything and you don't hate me, then why are you so mean to me?"

"It's complicated," I said and stood up.

"You aren't going anywhere," he shook his head and walked over to me and pushed me back onto the couch.

"Please just let me go, Niall," I said, attempting to get away from him.

"Never," he said and sat on top of me, straddling me. I would be lying if I said my heart rate didn't speed up. "Now can you just tell me?" He asked.

"There's nothing to tell," I said, trying to get him off me.

"It's cute how you think you're so good at lying," he chuckled.

"You're wasting your time doing this," I said.

"I've got all day," he shrugged.

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry, I really am, Ni," I mumbled. Should I tell him? I wouldn't be able to handle rejection, especially right now cause he's on top of me.

"Remember those times when we'd tell each other everything? Remember, it was Niall and Liam and Liam and Niall? I miss that. What happened?" He sighed.

"Things change," I answered.

"But why? I love how we used to be," he said while staring at me.

"Niall I-"

"I can't believe I'm telling you this, but I used to like you back then until you started to hate me. Like all of a sudden you just started being so horrible to me. You know how that made me feel?" He said. My eyes widened at what he said. He liked me. As in past tense. Great. I fucked it all up. Then the guilt set in.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even think-"

"About how I felt? Honestly, Liam, I just want an explanation," he said.