Somewhere In Neverland

Violet's POV

"Is this all of it?" Crystal asked me. I nodded and put the last box in the car. This is it. I'm going home to Gerard and Lindsey, where I belong. Colton and I still aren't really talking, which I'm fine with. I'm going to miss Crystal, though. She deserves so much better than that piece of shit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"VIOLET VIOLET VIOLET VIOLET!!!" Bandit was the first to greet me, "I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!" She gave me a big hug.

"I missed you so much, Bee," And I really did.

"Hey Vi!" Lindsey was after Bandit,

"Sunshine," Gerard said softly and opened his arms. I didn't hesitate go into them. Instantly I felt safe, which was something I felt only when I was with him.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too," I said back. And I did. I really did.

Gerard's POV

I cleared some of the hair away from Violet's face. She had fallen asleep while watching the movie. I'm happy she's home. She'll be much happier here.

I rolled up the sleeve of her sweatshirt, I just had to see if it had really happened. What had once been healing scars were now angry red lines.

"Oh Violet," I whispered, "Why?" I ran my thumb gently over her wrist.

"I don't know exactly what happened over there," I said to her, "But it must have been a lot to get you to the point where you would do this to yourself. But you're home now, and that's all that matters. I know you won't try anything here, I'll make sure of that. I love you."

I softly kissed her wrist, there we go, that'll make it better. I felt Violet twitch beside me.

"Did you hear any of that?" I asked her.

"Hear any of what?" She sleepily replied.

"Nothing. So, when do you want to go back to school?"

Violet yawned and sat up, "Never."

I chuckled, "Sweetheart, it doesn't work that way. Do you think you could start next Monday? That way you'll still have a week off."

"Yeah, I guess that could work. I mean, I'll still see Jinx. That's a positive." She said optimistically.

"Uh, Vi, I have some news about Jinx. They've been in a bit of a financial crisis lately, and yeah..."

"Are you fucking serious? He's leaving. Who am I going to hang out with? I have no friends."

"Yeah," I told her, "He's going to a foster home about 30 minutes away, just outside the school district."

Violet's POV

"Fuck!" I swore at my phone. Gerard had just texted me that his meeting had run a bit longer than expected, he was going to be about 20 minutes late picking me up. I looked around the schoolyard. It was basically empty. Everyone was either at their after school activities or at home. I shivered. It was pretty cold out. A pretty big snowstorm had hit New Jersey a few days earlier and about three or four inches of snow covered the ground.

I felt something wet and cold hit the back of my head and turned around to see a sheepish looking Dallas trying to hide a snowball behind his back.

"Hey!" I said and quickly formed my own snowball, which I threw and hit him in the face despite my severe lack of hand-eye coordination.