Chapter One:Start of a New Me

Chapter One: Start of a New Me

It's been two months since I ran away from my parent's palatial mansion and seek refuge at the small black and white apartment. Leaning my head back in the black couch, closing my eyes. I took a deep calming breath to ease my mind. I know they are tracking me down. But I'm sure that they wont track me down that easy. I'm in another continent so tracking me would take a long time and I am not stupid. The day that I got here, I burned all the evidence relating to the old me and erase my identity from the face of the earth. I thought it carefully. They all think that I can't do it like an obedient little girl I am. But I just did and I never felt more proud of myself for that.

My parents provide everything for my well-being. All the necessities I need, even stuffing my walk in closets with different dresses each week for my mother's obsession. My mother love to dress me up like her own personal human barbie doll. I hated it. Hate is not even the strong word to describe it, it's more like despise it. She always said that I need to grow up just like her, a polite, proper and well mannered princess. I never complained though. I just let her yank my hair and scrub my pale white skin until she is satisfied that it's dirt free. I also let her applied lots of moisturizers and lotions to keep my skin flawless, soft and smooth. But at the end of the day, her effort is ruined by my father.

My father is a strict, arrogant, intimidating and perfectionist. He demand for me to do physical activities. Different tutors and trainers come to the mansion each week. My academics are excellent and I exceed their expectations. I need to study hard or my mother will punish me. Those punishments are not just simple punishments. Like a mother spanking her daughter for causing trouble and her father scolded her and sometimes spank her too. It's more than that. It's whipping, beating and torturing.

My father, being the perfectionist he is, want me to excel in different sports, musical instruments, combat battle, and dances. He even let me took voice lessons. He let me train to become a master in judo, karate, taekwondo, martial arts. He even let me master shooting and handling guns. That's the reason I'm a sharp shooter and could take down an entire compound of heavily armed men whenever I want too. I could even hack anything.

Sometimes I believe that they want me to become an assassin, a spy, or even a hit man. They even let me train in different harsh environment for survival and escapes. Their perfect little princess. The only flaw in their goal is me planning my own escape. Not from the ropes they tied me to, not even to the cold chains surround my body or the close places they let me crawl to. But to escape from that horrible place.

It all happens when I was beaten close to death, the turning point in my life. They kept me inside an iron windowless room with huge walk in closet for my mother's dress me up games, a queen size bed, an en suite bathroom, a desk with the latest computer and WiFi, and iron door that could only open from the outside but it has a black box sensor to the side.

The thing that made all possible my escape is me having WiFi access. I manage to hack my parents bank account and create my own account, stealing money from them. For a good cause of course. Being a genius has it's advantages, doing this kind of things don't even sweat me. But I'm careful not to let them know what I'm doing especially that I know they installed hidden cameras inside my iron room. I am grateful for online banking though, to make all this possible.

Before my escape, I have formulated a plan and it involves me dying. Dead. Not that dead-dead, but identity wipe clean. From there, I have created another identity. Thanks to social media I contacted several people who could make errands and request from me. I pay them online of course.

Selena Inkheart is born.

For no significant reason, I like the name Selena. But for my surname, Ink is for my love for writing and reading and heart is for my love for myself. When I finish my new born identity documents, I quickly move into action with my plan. It's risky and difficult but I still manage to get away. I left the mansion with little scratches and thankfully no bullet hole in my body. And that's when I promise myself not to go back there again, whatever happens. Never again.

The old me is dead.

The new me is Selena Inkheart. And I'm gonna stick to that name for a very long time.

Opening my eyes, getting up from the black couch. I put on my running shoes and shove my earbuds in my ears. I'm going for a run. Running is my stress reliever and I feel good when I'm working out and out running.

After thirty minutes of running around the neighborhood, I stop by a grocery store to buy some food. My refrigerator is practically empty right now and I haven't eaten a full meal since I left my old home. I love cooking but my wallet won't allow me to spend so much on food. I really regret my decision in buying that car. Oh well, its convenience so I guess I don't really regret it. But it took so much on my savings. Even though I chunk a large amount of money from my parents, I need to save up. It's for emergency and I won't risk it. Well, I definitely need some protein for my workout so I need to spend some more money for protein. And vegetables too. I also need to consider my necessity as a lady and my apartment rent. Argg! Living on my own and seventeen is a hassle sometimes. I'm seventeen and stress out. Hooray for me!

Damn. It's good that my eighteen birthday is tomorrow and I could finally find a job. I guess I need a well paid job if I want to upgrade my meal for at least two times a day. Gritting my teeth together, I hand the grocery from the cart to the young cashier girl. She looked close to my age. I can sense her feeling nervous and fidgeting under my intimidating stare. She quickly scanned my items and put them in a plastic bag with the grocery shop's name printed on it. I rolled my eyes at her. I admit, she was quite a beauty though. Red head, few freckles on her cheeks and nose with sun kissed skin complexion. She looked stunned when her eyes caught mine for a brief moment. Her eyes went wide and her voice shake when she said how much I owe her for my brought items. Pathetic. I hand her the money and she took it carefully. Narrowing my eyes, my left eyebrow twitch in irritation in her behavior. I know I am intimidating with piercing grey eyes but I don't like that people treat me this way. After she hand me my change, I pick up the bag immediately and went straight to my apartment.

I put my groceries away and plop down in the couch, kicking my legs and crossing them in the ankles. I put on my earbuds and hummed to the familiar song. Feeling bored, I get up and went to my room. I pulled out the laptop under my bed and opened the application website for Stilliard Academy. Pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, I fill in the needed information in the application form. School has already started a month ago but thankfully they are still accepting new students. I applied for a full scholarship and write an application letter.

If I want to be accepted in this prestigious school for the rich and the famous, I need my letter to be striking. Tapping my fingers in the keyboard, I concentrated on what to write. Come on, I am a writer for Goodness sake. A self proclaimed, born writer and a reader. I can do this.

********

Hey readers! How do you find the story?

Vote, comment and share.

I'm open for critiques. Your opinion is much appreciated.

Have a wonderful day ahead and God bless!

Xoxo,

Shayne