Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Becca POV

I woke up in the morning with a serious headache. I headed to the bathroom and looked in my mirror.  What stood in front of me was a beast. My reflection showed just how horrible I looked. My eyes were crusted and hair was everywhere. My face was paler than usual, and my eyes red-rimmed. I splashed some water on my face and went to turn the shower on. I went back to my room to grab some jeans and a random shirt. I also grabbed my underclothing and my toiletry items. I hopped in she shower and stood there trying to relax under the water until it turned cold. I quickly got dressed and walked down the stairs to the kitchen, to grab some food. There was a note sitting on the table under a pair of car keys.

'Becca,

I had to head into work today. I'm letting you use your sister's truck, since she is grounded. Go down to La Push and visit Billy. He'll be happy to see you're here.

Love, Dad'

I forgot Bella was grounded. I'm surprised. I'm usually the trouble maker that always gets grounded and caught for things. Well, I guess I know what I'm doing today. La Push it is. I grabbed one of my jackets and headed out the Bella's truck. It was red and old and rusty. When I started it, I could tell it needed a new engine. I used to work at a car shop back home, before the incident. Maybe I'll fix this up because whoever tried, did a bad job. I backed out of the driveway and drove toward the local Native American Preserve. It was like riding a bike. I remember this drive like the back of my hand. I would spend so much time here. It wasn't long before I pulled up infront of the little red house I used to call my second home. I looked at it, so many memories flashing through my head. God, it's been too long. I walked up to the front door and knocked, and heard Billy yell from inside that it would be just one moment.

"Bella? What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be grounded?" He asked opening to the door. I just smiled big at the man who is literally like a second father to me. "Oh my god. Becca? It's been too long."

"Hey Uncle Billy." I said, bending down and giving him a tight hug. He hugged me back just as tight. I released and rolled his chair back, so I could fit in the door. I looked around cautiously. I really didn't run into Jake. I haven't seen or talked to him since he dumped me via phone my sophomore year in high school.

"He's not here." Billy said, practically reading my mind. I sighed in relief and stepped into the house. I went and sat on the couch while Billy went and got some water. I looked around the living room with a smile. I remember when I would come here and hang out with my best friends. Embry and Jake were attached to my hips when we were younger. I lived with my mom but would come back and visit every chance I got. We would spend most of our time here at Jake's house, just being kids. The first time I broke my arm was falling off the top of the garage in the back while trying to prove to the guys I was stronger than them.

Jake asked me to be his girlfriend in fifth grade. Well I was in fifth and he was in fourth. We had our lovely long distance relationship till I was a sophomore year in high school and he dumped me while we were on one of our phone dates once. It killed me. He was my first love. Sure, we were young but I loved him. He said it was because he didn't want a girlfriend hold him back from getting girls here. He was a stupid freshman boy thinking with the organ in his pants instead of the one in his head. I cried for weeks until I met Jamie. I could feel my chest tighten while thinking about him.

"It's so good to see you Becca." Billy said rolling into the room. "What are you doing here?"

"It's good to see you too, Billy." I replied, "I needed to come back home. After everything, I just needed home." He gave me a sad smile in return and squeezed my hand.