Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Becca's POV

It's been a few days since I got out of the hospital. Dad made me stay about two extra days in the hospital, so got to miss the rest of school for that week.

Matt and Stan came and visited me while I was still in the hospital. It was a good time, I got to know more about the couple. They got along well with Embry. Which reminds me, I overheard and interesting conversation between Embry and Stan while Matt was in the bathroom.

-Flashback-

Embry and Stan stepped out into the hallway, just after Matt walked into the bathroom connected to my room.

"I can tell you are far from human. What are you?" Embry spoke quietly, but not quiet enough where I couldn't hear him. Not human? What does he mean by that.

"Were-leopard, what about you." Stan responded. We're-leopard? What am I? In some damn teen novel on some damn website?

"Have you heard of the Quillete Werewolves, technically shapeshifters?" Embry spoke. I sat there in shock. What the hell was going on?

"Does Becca know?" Stan asked.

"No, but her sister does. She's dating one of the vampires in a pack here. The Cullens. Does Matt?" I heard Embry say. Bella is dating a damn vampire? What kinda messed up world am I in?

"So that's the smell all over this town and hospital." Stan said with a chuckle, "And yes, Matt does know."

Just then Matt walked out the bathroom. I guess he could see the stressed look on my face.

"What wrong Becca?"

"Nothing, just my head is hurting." I lied. He nodded and started talking to me, blocking out the rest of the conversation between my best friend and his boyfriend.

-Flashback End-

I am headed into currently in Bella's room, using her computer while mine updated. I was home alone and needed to look up what I heard. It was just some weird crazy talk right? Maybe they were talking about some weird larping or cosplay. I opened Bella's laptop, and pulled up my yahoo account. Bella's email was of course logged in. Instead of logging out like I should've, I decided to snoop. I was curious to know what my twin got emails about. As I scrolled, I saw emails from companies trying to persuade Bella to buy things with coupons. There were also a few emails from my mother. Just when I was getting bored and ready to sign out, I noticed a lot of 'failed delivery' emails back to back. Being the curious person I was, I decided to open one of them.

'Alice, he's back. Edward came back from me. I was so afraid that after my trip to Italy to save him, he wouldn't come back with me. But he did. Now I get to become a vampire and officially be apart of the family. I am excited to be able to join you and your family in eternity, and be with Edward forever.

Love, Bella'

Either my sister was on drugs, or she took her larping a step too far. I shook my head, trying to forget what I just read. I mean, come on. Vampires? Really? No way. I highlighted the rest of the failed emails and forwarded them to myself. What in the hell is my sister involving herself in? I started heading out of Bella's room when the floor boards creaked. I looked down and noticed part of the floorboard I stood on lifted. I got on my knees and pulled the board. There was a book, a photo album, and a cd.

The album was just pictures of Bella and Edward with his family. I wonder why this is hidden in the floor boards. It was so weird seeing people that were paler than Bella and I. You would think growing up in Phoenix we'd have some type of tan. Yet no luck for me and my twin.