Pinocchio - Fate

Pinocchio was thrown off a cliff into the ocean while his legs were tied to a rock in order for him to die and so his new master could skin him and use it for making a drum. WHAT?

Talk about dark...

"A lame donkey is no use to me," he said. "Take it to market and get rid of it at any price!" But nobody wanted to buy a useless donkey. Then along came a little man who said: "I'll take it for the skin. It will make a good drum for the village band!"

And so, for a few pennies, Pinocchio changed hands and he brayed sorrowfully when he heard what his awful fate was to be. The puppet's new owner led him to the edge of the sea, tied a large stone to his neck, and a long rope round Pinocchio's legs and pushed him into the water. Clutching the end of the rope, the man sat down to wait for Pinocchio to drown. Then he would flay off the donkey's skin.

Pinocchio then realizes how awful he was to Geppetto and how he should have been a good boy (stayed in school instead of going to Toyland) and called to the fairy.

The fairy heard Pinocchio's call and when she saw he was about to drown, she sent a shoal of big fish. They ate away all the donkey flesh, leaving the wooden Pinocchio. Just then, as the fish stopped nibbling, Pinocchio felt himself hauled out of the water.

I would be extremely frightened by a shoal of big fish nibbling at my skin to reveal that I'm a puppet.