Checked Out by a Ghost

I had two knives.
One for inside the sink cupboard, and one behind my shampoo bottle in the shower. Sure, Bloody Mary had been peachy during our first meeting, but there's no telling what might happen this time.
I tried to chide myself out of it, to think last the paranoia and just get on with the day. But I wouldn't be comfortable until this was done, and there was no way in hell that I would want to be like this when Elise gets here.
Against my ongoing fear I decided to duct-tape a towel over the bathroom window, which meant that the only light coming in came from under the door.
"Alright come on, Cam. You've seen blood. You've seen dead bodies. You've searched those dead bodies. This isn't so scary." Of course, dead bodies are a completely rational occurrence in the world, and this isn't.
I shook my head, looked in the mirror, and repeated the chant.
And nothing happened.
I closed my eyes for a moment, breathed in, and opened them again. Nothing. Empty bathroom, nothing in the mirror. I actually let myself giggle a little. Did I really think that whole thing actually happened? God, Lisa's right, my jobs getting to me.
I stepped into the shower and began to pull off the duct-tape, then dropped the tape covered towel in the tub. Eh, I'd take care of it later. Now was the time to celebrate, I'm officially not insane! Time to get McDonalds.
I turned around, content on using some saved up money on a chicken nugget meal, when I had my heart attack.
The beauty was back.
Standing at the door, leaning on the sink, beautiful as ever with skin even more fragile looking in the daylight.
My scream could have shattered sound barriers.
In moments I was on the floor, the knife by the shampoo completely forgotten about, my hands retracted to my neck and my legs scrunched up by my torso. Yet I couldn't cover my head. I couldn't drag my eyes away from her.
"Curious again?" She questioned, smooth and icy as ever. I shivered.
"Stop sneaking up on me like that." My voice was shattered and shaky, but with a frozen brain it was all I could say.
And it was enough to make Bloody Mary laugh. Her laugh was bright, bubbly, and just plain spirit lifting. And it was confusing as hell.
"Okay, I'll tell you what, call again and no more sneaking up. Just put violet where you want me to appear."
I shivered at the word 'appear' but nodded anyways.
Mary's jaw tightened and she looked down at me with almost sadness. "Please, I won't hurt you, I swear it. Come, we'll talk." She slowly held out a hand for me to take, and I sat up a bit.
"Let's, um, go into the room, please?" The request made no sense at all, but Mary smiled delightfully anyways and gently took my hand.
As I stood, Mary's ice blue eyes slowly trailed down my body, then back up just as long. Her lips racked a smile and her eyes twinkled mischievously.
What was she - oh - OH.
I forgot that I was stripped down to my under wear.
Whoopsie.
Mary swim open the door, and quickly I grabbed a bathrobe from its hanger. I saw the ever so slightly turn down of Mary's smile before she turned her head away and plopped down on the couch.
Really, insanity would've been easier than this.