Mrs.Thomas and The Case of Death

I push myself into the folds of the chair until I'm as far back from the computer as possible. I joined this job for the chance to bring murderers to justice, yet cases like this still pulled me down.
It was a young girl this time, maybe about sixteen. Her name was Amelia Jayston, a tad underweight Caucasian girl with pretty blonde locks and a face like mother Mary. She had the world ready for her, straight A's: in chess club: fluent in French: and on her way for a soccer scholarship. All this, only to be found stabbed in her best friends pool.
The best friend was already checked out, a few girls had been at a sleepover at her house, they went to bed at about ten thirty. The girls mother came in at about twelve A.M to make sure all was good, and Amelia and the rest of the girls were still sleeping. The mother went to bed at about twelve fifteen. At about two ten she said she heard a small crash followed by laughter, and figuring the girls were getting a midnight she just waved it off. At ten thirty one of the girls alarm clocks rang and woke them all up. Everyone accept for Amelia was there, and when they went looking they found her in the pool. There were no knives missing nor bloodied in the house, and the girls reported that they didn't hear any laughing, which makes the mother a suspect. The girls bags were upstairs and the stab wound on Amelia was messy, so the mother would have heard them had they come upstairs to change. There was no sign of a break in except for the back door where Amelia opened it to run out of, which makes the girls and the mother suspects.
I sigh and send the overview of the case down to my bosses. Then I shit down my computer completely and comb down my wild black curls with my fingers. God, did I need to calm down.
The door to my little office shoots open and I jump before Dr. Sanriga pops her head in.
"Jesus Lisa, do you want to give me a heart attack?"! I breathlessly ask her, and she chuckles lightly.
Dr. Lisa Sanriga works in Forsenics, she's a good work friend of mine that comes to visit her husband who works in the same department as me. She's a gentle Latino woman who's five years older than me and about ten years wiser. Unlike me she grew up in Chicago, and she's the closest 'family' I have around here. She settles herself on the door frame and glances from my computer to me.
"Just making sure you're not getting too caught up on your cases" she looks over my panicked face again "But as always, I see it's too late for that."
I feel myself about to argue, but my arms droop to my sides and I plop back down into my computer chair. Lisa sighs and lazily pushes herself off of the door frame, then comes up behind me and starts to massage my tense shoulders.
"Who is it this time, boo?" She asks, and I tap the manila folder with the name Amelia Jayston that lays on my desk.
"Aha" she nods "That's the young one, right?"
"Only sixteen, can you believe that Lis? She was on her way towards a scholarship, poor girl didn't even have any known enemies, which means it was probably some sick creep." Its not like I'm never put on cases like these, but usually I get put on cases with people above eighteen at least, so these rare occurrences bother me the most.
Someone calls for Lisa in the office, and we both look up. Lisa shakes her head and pats my shoulders.
"Stay strong kiddo, the only thing you can do now is being that sick creepo to justice." She pops a kiss to the top of my head and walks out, only to swing herself back in seconds later.
"Oh right, and remember to have some fun! You're not the one thats dead!" She wisks back out and I lean back in my chair.
Have fun, right. Because murdered girls are exactly what I consider fun.