The Bloody Beauty

A cold wave of anxiety spreads through my body and I can not move. I tense up and everything around me becomes clearer, my mind slows and quickly facts the situation.
The door had not been opened, I had locked it and the key to it always made a loud noise when opened. The window was closed and there was no vent big enough to get through.
I should be alone.
I expect a knife in my back. Pain in my eyes. Sonething that will end this waiting.
But I know what she's waiting for. She wants me to turn around.
So I do.
It's her, God, it's her!
But she is certainly not what I expected.
Sure, she wears the blood splattered white nightdress that her tales are told in, but she is also gorgeous.
Her Hazel hair is cropped short, oddly enough for the time period she died in. Its a messy cut though, not done with any care of style. Her face is soft, not what you would expect from a killer. porcelain skin and wide blue eyes that betray no emotion. They don't even move. God is it creepy.
Honestly, I didn't know what to expect.
I mean, the legend of Bloody Mary is mostly centered around the Queen Mary, who in most paintings is depicted as a quite old and quite wrinkly lady who suffered from many miscarriages and bloody births, hence the name.
This girl must be around my age, and she is not wrinkly nor old at all.
She has no weapons on her, and her hands lay flat at her side. She stares, and I can't help but give a nervous cough that turns into light wheezing.
This isn't possible.
This isn't possible.
This isn't possible.
"He-hello?" I manage to stutter out through breaths. The girl, or ghost, raises a hand as a greeting, but I slam myself farther from her and into the sink, and she lays her hand back at her side.
"Hi."
She says. Her voice is light, slightly mimicking my nervous tone. She speaks it quickly and without emotion.
"Wha-wa, how-"
"Why did you summon me?" She scrunches up her eyebrows, and her mouth dips into a frown. Shit, I really don't want to upset her.
"I- um- I was interested in seeing you."
Wonderful.
Make it sound like I'm flirting, wonderful job Camille.
But it works, Mary's frown turns back to its original flat state and her eyes widen and twinkle a bit.
"Why would you want to see me, despite my devastating good looks."
I manage a nervous laugh and release my hold on the sink just a bit. This is what it feels like. I am going insane.
Then it's just silence, with Mary standing still, not breathing at all (trust me, I've checked.) and my just releasing my place from the sink.
"You know, I could kill you."
And then I'm back on the sink again, practically sitting in it. A slow smile spreads over Mary, it's sickly, like cold iron, and sends chills down my spine.
"But I will not." She draws a hand up and twirls it around one of my black curls. She smells like violets, with a tinge of the irony smell of blood wafting up from her nightgown.
I'm gonna be sick.
Right before the bile reaches my mouth, she drops her hand back to her side and shrugs.
"I should be going now. I need you to close your eyes." She tells me, and I clear my throat until I can speak again.
"What? Why...why do I need to close my eyes?"
"So that I can leave," she pats my cheek, and I jump, "Now, close em."
I suppose that if she was going to kill me she would be able to do it with my eyes open, unless she planned to scratch my eyes out. Still, I want her gone.
So I close my eyes.
I only feel the rush of wind, and then nothing at all.
When I open my eyes it's only me, clutching onto the sink for dear life.
At first I think that I imagined it, that maybe I had had a few more shots then I thought and I was totally hammered.
But then I looked down, and found a single, dark red blood splatter right where she had stood.