Chapter 15

Hook still sat with Robin on the floor of the cell, drinking out of his flask.
"You know, I once believed I had love at first sight." Robin said.
"Well it must be a lively tale. Do tell." Hook said, a little bit tipsy.
"Well it was about a year ago, and I didn't really think much of it since then until now, but I was traveling through the forest with my men and we came across this quiet little village. We had been searching for somewhere to rest other than a tree or the ground for a while, so we decided to make the most of it. I guess it was just luck that no one recognized us, but we were careful of disguising ourselves. The next day, when we were about to leave, I was packing up the food we had bought in the village, and I guess I dropped an apple because the next moment I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see the most beautiful woman I had ever seen holding the apple I had dropped. I felt this strange feeling, almost like déjà vu, but different. "I believe this belongs to you." She had said, handing the apple to me and giving me the brightest smile I had ever seen. I remember she curtsied and walked back to her regal-looking carriage. I believe she was the queen of that land." Robin told his tale. Hook nodded, letting the story sink in.
"That does sound like the feeling of love at first sight." He said.
"I haven't seen her since that day. I'm glad you actually went after yours, mate." Robin replied.
"But unfortunately it looks like I won't ever get to see her again, but even if I am lucky enough to get that chance, she surely thinks I am just a lowly thief." The defeat in Hook's voice was apparent. He wasn't even able to get his next thought out, for there were footsteps coming down the stairs. Baelfire came into view.
"Sorry, thief, I'm gonna have to take your buddy here." He said to Robin, taking Hook's forearm into his hand. He pulled him up and led him out of the cell, leaving Robin sitting against the wall by himself.
"If you're going to execute me, you can say it, I'm not afraid," Hook said to Baelfire, staring blankly ahead.
"You're not going to be executed, yet. I just needed to talk to you before your punishment has been decided." Baelfire said smugly. Hook rolled his eyes at this man. Who even is this? He thought.
"My name is Baelfire. I am the son of the Dark One and Emma's fiancé." The cocky man said. "And I believe I saw her...conversing with you earlier this evening."
Hook rolled his eyes again. He knew the exact words that were about to come.
"I'm going to politely ask you to back off." Baelfire said in a tone that canceled out the politeness.
"There is nothing to back off from." Hook answered. "I can assure you, the princess-"
"Queen."
Hook shot him a death glare. He'd already had enough of this Baelfire.
"Queen," he continued, "and I have no connection other than a friendship. There is nothing to back off from. And I'm also assuming that you're going to kill me soon so I don't even see any need for this conversation."
Baelfire's face was blank. It was impossible for Hook to tell what he was going to do or say. Suddenly, Baelfire turned and punched Hook in the face, knocking him to the ground.
"That may have been uncalled for, but surely it was deserved. And next time, it'll be more than just a punch." Baelfire looked down at Hook, unamused, while pulling at his shirt cuffs. He called a guard over to take Hook back to the cell, and as the guard dragged Hook away, he stared at Baelfire through darkened eyes.

Emma and Smee finally made it to the bottom of the stairway, with Smee breathing heavily.
"Can.....we take..... A break?" Smee asked in between wheezes. Emma nodded and moved into an area in the wall that blocked them from sight from the stairs. Smee sat down with a heavy sigh, extremely tired from all those stairs. Emma turned to Smee with a curious look on her face.
"How did you meet Killian?" She asked.
"Ah, that's a long story that took place a long time ago."
"Well, can you at least tell me where it was?" Emma asked hopefully.
"I'm not even quite sure. It was a tavern, somewhere, and I was just some guy sitting in a bar, and he was new to pirating, having just revolted against his king." Smee explained. Emma nodded, not satisfied with the information, but she knew she could ask Killian himself later.
"Emma?" A voice came from near the servants' hall. Emma looked around the wall, and Elsa came into view, worriedly rubbing her hands up and down her arms.
"Elsa! Where have you been?" Emma asked, standing up to hug her.
"After you left me in the ballroom, people started leaving, and it was strange because within the hour, everyone was gone. The king found me and told me that you'd ran off, and asked if I'd seen you. Of course I hadn't, but I was worried that you had just run off with no warning." Elsa said, her face full of concern. She had already known Emma wasn't very keen on becoming queen from her constant rants, and she had a fleeting thought that something inside her might've snapped.
"No, that's not why I left. Killian was arrested and thrown into the dungeon. I had to go get Smee to help me break him out," Emma gestured to Smee, who gave a small wave. "When we break Killian out, then....then I'll leave."

A/N
Ooh cliffhanger. Kinda. Idk I'm not good with this. But things should get more interesting soon. I decided that since Ive been taking forever to update things I'll just update this now too. My writing skills are currently failing me and I just can't get the motivation to write things lately. I'm trying to write my other book, The Snow Queen, but I haven't written it in so long, I lost the ideas I had and stuff.