Chapter Three

Rapunzel ran through the blizzard as quickly as she could. The bright white snow was blinding her. She couldn't see a thing, but she fought on. But even as she did, the wind violently pushed and shoved her in multiple directions. The snow was like tiny daggers on her skin.

Eventually, tired as she was, Rapunzel collapsed onto the soft blanket of snow. The princess rolled up into a ball, shivering like crazy. Her entire body was numb. She wrapped her body in her long hair, though it was still not enough. She closed her eyes, hoping to fall asleep. To not feel the cold nipping at her skin, which was turning paler at every second. Suddenly, she saw a dark figure. Her vision was blurry, so she couldn't see the figure's face very clearly, but it was there. Whatever it was, it bent down, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Soon, my dear..." It whispered. Then, as though it were all a dream, the figure disappeared.

"Rapunzel!" Jack shouted for the lost princess. He paid no mind for using her made-up name, because he knew that the girl he was friends with so long ago could still remember him. She had to. "Rapunzel, where are you?!" He flew through the cold winter air, searching and searching, when he finally stumbled upon a small body with long, dark hair. The poor girl was out cold. Literally. "Rapunzel.." All around her, the snow had become black. The winter spirit frowned, confused at the sight. He knelt down. "Oh, Rapunzel. What happened to you all those years ago?" He murmured.

He went to pick her up when a sleigh came tumbling down from the sky. "No, Jack!" North shouted. "Don't touch her!" Jack stood up immediately, arching an eyebrow. "Why not? I thought you guys didn't want to help." "That was never the problem, Jack." Tooth said, fluttering towards him. "Manny didn't make a mistake. But she's still dangerous." Bunny said, hopping towards Jack. He took many steps back, feeling overwhelmed by their comments. "Wait, what? How is she dangerous?" He looked at Sandman, who had a large sand skull over his head. Tooth placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. "Ro... Has the ability to cause death. One touch, and you're a goner." He looked at the black snow on the ground, understanding the situation, but not wanting to believe it. Bunny pulled out a flower, still alive though the cold was getting to it quickly. "Look 'ere, mate." He placed the flower on top of her freezing cold hand. In a matter of seconds, the flower turned grey and shriveled into dust. Jack was horrified. He couldn't believe his eyes. "But that is why we are here to help." North said, smiling at Jack. The Guardians placed rubber gloves on their hands, picking Rapunzel up and placing her in the sled. The Man in the Moon gave the Guardians direct orders not to touch her with just their hands. Exposure to their skin could lead to one less Guardian.

Jack sat close to her, watching her. Making sure she was safe. Taking hold of the reins, North shouted "Hyah!" making the reindeers take off back to the workshop.

Author's Note
Short chapters. Oops. Just trying to get my life together while writing this stuff. cx Chapter Four coming soon to a WattPad near you! :D