CHAPTER EIGHT

A/N

Sorry for taking long to update ^^" I've been fairly busy these days and I just started watching GT which I'm absolutely in love with right now! Eeek! Enjoy!

CHAPTER EIGHT

As Trunks lowers himself to a cliff, I was starting to sense several Ki. Some were exceedingly low while some were exceedingly high. Then I remember what Trunks said.

"I think I'll be seeing my parents and their friends soon. My friends,"

Of course.

One had green skin and had pointy ears, wearing a white turban and a flowing white cape.

He's a Namekian. Gatar informs me.

Next to him was a man in a pink shirt and a pair of bright yellow pants. My eyes move among the others then they return to him. It must be...he's no doubt the father of Trunks. The black Saiyan hair, the powerful Ki, it could only be him. He sort of resembles Trunks.

In the back was a woman with big, blue curly and puffy hair. She was wearing an incredibly short red dress and was clinging onto some guy. I stare at her in confusion. So Bulma-san and Vegeta-san are not yet engaged in a romantic relationship.... Interesting.

My eyes drop eventually on a small black-haired boy in a blue, white, and yellow armor. An image of the man lying lifeless on the ground in the rain when I first landed on Earth flashes in my mind and I thought, Gohan.

All of them watch Cold and Trunks in complete surprise.

My ears tune in into their conversation again.

"How would you like to take Freeza's place as my son?" Cold offers. "Having the greatest strength in the universe makes you especially qualified to join my clan. You will be able to do as you please, not only with this Earth, but with many other wonderful worlds."

I feel a wave of anger. Does he think his pathetic proposal could actually lure Trunks in?

Just as I expected, Trunks answers calmly, "I'm not interested."

"I thought it was a good idea," He smirks. "What a shame,"

"Now then, that sword you have there, it's a very nice sword indeed. It sliced through the tempered body of Freeza without the slightest difficulty, after all. Would you let me see it for a moment?" He holds out his hand. Trunks doesn't move and Cold takes it as hesitation. "What's the matter? Are you afraid to hand your sword over to me?"

Cold's sneer drops as Trunks smirks. Trunks grabs the hilt of his weapon and pulls it out very slowly. He throws the sword to Cold.

Cold eyes inspect the blade. "I see, it has indeed been ground very well," He says. "Leaving that aside, the reason you were able to defeat Freeza is because you had this sword," He brings it up closer to his face and the sneer spreads across his face again. "Don't you think so?"

"What is it you're trying to say?" Trunks asks, although he knows exactly what Cold means.

Cold lets out a small dark laugh and lashes the sword out to the side, holding it up. "It's a simple matter, really," He grips the hilt with both hands. "In short, without this sword, you cannot win against me!"