Imagine #14 Forgetting You

Imagine Kai forgeting who you are.

Kai has been in the hospital for 3 months, he got into a car accident that was caused by a drunk driver, Kai's car was completely flipped over and smashed, it is a miracle that the paramedics were able to get him out of the car.

The doctors told me that he had some damage done to his brain because of the accident, they said that he could have amnesia when he wakes up.

I sit by Kai's bedside and hold on to his hand.

"Kai, if you can hear me, I need you to know that I love you. Now I know that you probably won't even remember who I am when you wake up but we are going to get through this" I whisper to him with tears in my eyes.

I use my other hand to run it gently through Kai's hair, I let all my frustration and sadness come out right now and I sob into Kai's chest.

When I calm myself down a nurse walks slowly into the room "is this a good time?" the nurse asks "it's fine" I say "the test results are in and Mr. Parker is suffering from amnesia but it's mild, he'll remember the basic things to get him through the day but I'm afraid he won't know who you are" she says and I try to hold back my tears.

"What am I supposed to do?" I say to myself but it was loud enough for the nurse to hear it "you can try introducing yourself to him again, don't force him into it, it'll confuse him and make the process harder" she says and I thank her and she walks out.

Two Days Later

Kai's eyes flutter open slowly adjusting to the light and I let go of his hand.

"Where am I?" Kai asks "your in the hospital, you got into a bad car accident" I say gently and Kai looks at me confused "who are you?" he asks "I'm y/n your girlfriend" I say and he continues to look at me.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" I ask "I'm sorry but I don't remember you" he says and I look up at him.

I try my hardest to hold back my tears so Kai doesn't feel uncomfortable but I can't and I start crying and I cry into my hands.

I feel Kai's hand on my shoulder and I look up at him "I'm sorry" he says "don't be, its not your fault" I say and he reaches down to hold my hand.

"I want to get to know you" Kai says and I smile at him through blurry eyes "I'd like that" I say and Kai pats the empty spot on his bed and I sit next to him.

"I don't know what I would do if I didn't have anyone here when I woke up" Kai says and I wrap my arms around him "I'm here with you and I'm not going anywhere" I say.

For the rest of the day Kai and I talked, he didn't care to learn about himself, he just wanted to know me.

I'm sorry if this imagine was sad to read. I started getting terryeyed while writing this.