Imagine #35 Late night

Imagine coming home late to Kai.

Text
To Kai - "I have to stop at my friends house to pick up something for work tomorrow, I'm gonna be home late" - y/n

From Kai - " alright babe, text me when you leave your friends house, love you babe" - Kai

To Kai - "I love you too Kai" - Y/n

I hated that I would be getting home late. And I know that he hated it too.
We've been having issues and we've haven't had the time to talk about it. It was slowly eating away at me, I needed to get to my friends house fast and get home. I need to talk to Kai.

Once I got to my friends house I was in a rush to get everything done. I was having a pop up event with my artwork at a small shop in town. I have to get a carrying case for my paint canvases and my friend Lucy has one. One I got the carrying case. I rushed to get back home to Kai.

I was finally home and it was really late. I really hope Kai was awake.

"Kai, I'm home" I say nervously, I was really hoping he was awake. "Hey, babe" I hear Kai say lowly behind me.

I turn to face him and he smiles at me tiredly. "Sorry that I came home so late, I really wanted to talk to you about something... but you look tired. We should go to bed babe" I say and he gives me a look before he speaks.

"If you want to talk we can talk, I don't care how tired I am. I'm here to listen to what ever you have to say babe" he reassures me and I close the space between us and give him a hug and he holds onto me tightly.

"I feel like we've been distant from each other lately, I don't like it" I say lowly.

Kai notices my tone and he gently puts his hands on my face.

"I've been feeling that too, and I promise you that we will get through this. I don't want to lose you baby" Kai says.

"I love you Kai" I say as I hold him close "I love you y/n" he replies.

Kai leans in and kisses me gently.
Once he pulls away, Kai keeps his hands on my face.

"We should get going to sleep, but I promise I will be there with you tomorrow, I'll get the day off from work" Kai day as he takes my hand and begins to guide me to our room.

Once we are ready for bed I cuddle up against Kai and he holds me close.

"We're going to be okay, I promise"

It's been a while since I've added to this book but I want to get back into it. Feel free to request anything if you'd like.