Going out

Aaron's P.O.V

I sat at my desk in my office, bored out of my mind. Today was a slow day here at the clinic I work at. I've been working as a recovery specialist recently, which means I've been helping people recover from addictions. It's a really rewarding job, and I always feel good when I leave.

I caught a glimpse of a picture of me and Idina on my office wall. I smiled and decided to text her.

Hey babe! Call me when you get a break from filming. I love you!

I smiled as I mentally made plans for tonight.

A few hours later Idina finally called.

"Hey! I'm so sorry we were filming all day, and I just got my break."

"It's fine! I was thinking maybe we could have a date night tonight, how does that sound?"

Idina sighed, "That sounds amazing, we haven't had time to go out much lately."

There was a hint of sadness in her voice, which made me feel really bad.
"I know baby, but Christmas is coming up, which means we will both get lots of time off."

I could basically hear Idina smiling through the phone.

"I know, I can't wait."

"So, about tonight. I was thinking we could get all dressed up and go to a nice restaurant and- wait what is your call time tomorrow?"

"I don't have to be there until noon."

"Perfect, so we can kinda sleep in, which you'll probably want to do after tonight." I said, smugly.

"You're disgusting," She said, laughing, "I gotta go, I love you!"

"I love you too!" I replied.

When I got home, I heard Idina singing in the bathroom, the way she always does when she's getting ready. I smiled to myself as I walked into the bathroom.

"Hey!" Idina said, as she put down her curling iron. She hugged me and smiled at me, "How was work?"

"Pretty slow today. How about you?"

"It was pretty good. I love the cast. I'm really excited for you to see it!" She said, excitedly.

"I can't wait!" I replied, giving her a quick kiss. I walked out to go change. I changed into a nice button up shirt and a blazer, since we were going to a pretty nice restaurant.

Idina walked into her closet and pulled out a dress and quickly went back into the bathroom. After a few minutes she walked out.

"Well, how do I look?" She asked, biting her lip.

She was wearing an off-the-shoulder long sleeved black dress that went to her knees.

"Holy shit, you look hot babe." I said, walking over to her and putting my hands on her hips. She blushed and took my hand.

"You look so handsome. I missed being able to do this stuff." She said.

"I know baby, but like I said earl-"

"No, I mean I missed being able to go out. I missed going on dates, and cuddling at night, and having lazy days with someone I care about. I'm glad I get to experience this kind of stuff with you. I love you."

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I love you too."

She smiled and grabbed my hand. "Let's go, we're gonna miss our reservation."

As we walked out of our house, I pulled Idina close and said, "You look stunning in that dress, but I can't wait to get you out of it later tonight."

She smiled smugly and winked. God I love her.

A/N: I don't really like this chapter but I felt like posting something. Leave suggestions below! ❤️