Surprise!

Idina's P.O.V

I smiled as I unlocked the door to my- no, our new house. It was taking some getting used too thinking that we actually live together.

I decided to come home from Costa Mesa one day early. I didn't miss a show or anything, I just left the night of the last show, so I got home at 2 am, but that was all part of the plan. I had planned to sneak in and sleep beside him. I knew he'd probably freak out at first, feeling someone else in the bed, but once he realized it was me it would be cute...right?

I quietly snuck in the house and headed upstairs. I opened the bedroom door, and to my shock, he wasn't there. Multiple bad thoughts flooded my brain. He's cheating. He left you. He's never coming back.

I tried to shake the thoughts away. I pulled out my phone and called him.

"Hello? Babe are you okay? It's 2 am." He asked, yawning.

"Where the fuck are you?"

"I should ask you the same thing! I'm in a hotel in Costa Mesa, I wanted to surprise you!"

I took in a deep breath, "You've got to be fucking kidding me. I'm in LA! I wanted to surprise you!"

The line was silent for a moment, until I heard a very faint laugh.

"Is it really funny to you?" I asked.

"A little." He said, laughing harder.

I was annoyed for a second, but I realized it actually was pretty funny and I laughed along.

After the laughter subsided, Aaron spoke up, "I'll see you first thing in the morning babe, I'll be there before you even wake up."

"It's already morning." I said, giggling.

"Okay, loser! You know what I meant!" He said, laughing.

"I'll see you soon. I love you." I said.

"I love you more. Goodnight baby. Get some rest, okay?"

"I will, goodnight." I replied, smiling.

I hung up the phone and sighed.

This is only supposed to happen in the movies!