Chapter 5. Time

Eveylns POV

It seemed as if they were always in me, two people at least. One girl who was desperate and bewildered, who felt as if she was drowning and the other who would leap into a scene as if she was on a stage but concealed her true emotions because they were weaknesses. Instead she showed the world only a mask of joy and a fake smile that was painful to show on the outside and never seen on the inside. And I had been searching for what felt like centuries for the one who would fall in love with the broken girl but when I did it was not what I had dreamed of. At first he did help mend my painful wounds when dancing at twilight, his eyes aglow like millions of tiny stars brighter than the moon itself and in that memory there was only us and the soft words whispered into the wind. I had learned not to trust people like him, the ones that seemed too good to be real, but abided the rules because I had loved the way he said my name, his hand brushing against mine, and how no one else made me feel as strongly as he had. Soon my scars began to heal and our souls conversed for hours in a beautiful meadow overgrown with sweet memories and our eyes who had searced the cloudless blue sky for the answers of life as the time flew by. Oh, but eventually he did the thing I had feared most and followed in the footsteps of the ones before him and left. Aaron did it in a unique way though, unlike all the others, but the pain was still raw and the one girl, why she felt betrayed and her eyes which had once been filled life and wonderment.. Well they were aghast with horror and with each salty teardrop that fell each and every scar reopened only now there was a wound far too big for time to heal because I didn't know how to live without him. I had tried to hold on to every piece of my sanity but lately the time seems slip away without him. And I don't know quite what to do because every time I close my eyes I see the meadow, only now it feels empty and dark, just not in its former glory as it once was a year ago.