8. The Healing Powers 1/2

A/N: So here's the part where my story goes sideways from the original TMR. I hope you guys will like it, and since I have written some parts with a headstart, I can tell you that in three more parts you will get your Newtmas finaly, yaaay! 🎉
Enjoy your reading! 🌸

"Is he going to be alright?"

I glanced up at the worried-sick Newt, and shrugged. Is Thomas gonna be okay? Well, that's a very good question that we still don't have an answer yet. We cleaned his wounds, we covered them with a clean cloth and we put him in the bed. But that's kind of all that we could do at the moment.

It's been three hours since Minho brought Tom back from the maze, badly wounded. His back is a mess. Three very deep cuts that run across his back, bleeding and with smoke coming out of them. The smoke part is because, as Minho said, the blades were gloving hot steel. Aparently a Griever did this to Tom. They were trying to fight him, and almost succeeded, but then the thing moved behind Thomas and when he was about to turn and run, the Griever cut through his back, sending him to the ground. Minho says he still can hear the hissing sound the metal bars did when they connected with Tom's skin, and I bet it was not a pleasant sound.

Right now, Tom is laying on his stomach, sleeping. The glader suffered a sever blood loss; his usually tanned light brown skin is now pale, almost a see-through. His dark hair is sweaty, sticking to his forehead, and his breathing is shallow. In all honesty, I'm worried about him. He doesn't look good, not at all and I fear he might actually die.

"Can't you do something?!"

"Newt," that was Cliff, "we got this job the same way you did. There's not much we can do to help him. Thomas lost a lot of blood and as you can see, we can't give him any back."

"Well, help him!"

"Newt, I just told you that-"

"I don't care! We are not gonna let him bloody die!"

"Guys."

"We're doing what we can!"

"Guys."

"Well it's not enough!"

"Guys! Would you both just shut up?!" I glare at them, pissed at them. "If you want to yell, than go somewhere else, okay? Tom needs rest. Good that?"

Cliff just nodded and left, probably already done with the arguing. Newt's a whole different story. He kept his gaze on me, slowly walking to the bed and kneeling down so his eyes were in level with Tom's.

"I'm sorry, it's just ... I don't wanna lose him, Cath."

"I know, Newtie." I smile a little at him and strok his back a little. "I know." The look on Newt's face is hurting me. He's so fragile right now, so lost. If I didn't know already, now I'd see how much Thomas means to him.

"I just wish I could do something for him," he whispers and stroks Tom's cheek lightly. I have a feeling like I should leave the two alone.

"So do I," I say and touch Tom's back. I don't know why I did it, I just felt like it. And when my fingertips touched the slashed skin of his back, something tickled my skin. It felt as if it was a very weak electric current. My fingertips buzzed a little from the feeling and I pulled my hand back quickly.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm ... not sure," I said as I watched the bloody wounds. "I felt something. It tingled a little." I was very confused.

"Love?"

"Yeah?"

"Do it again. Because whatever you just did, it helped. Look." Newt pointed at the spot where I touched Tom only seconds ago, and the red hurt skin was now pink-ish, as if healing. "Touch him again. Now."

"Okay, okay," I said hastily and with a deep breath I reached my hand out and ever so slowly, I put my palm over the first slash. My whole body felt as if on fire, electricity flooding through me. I pressed my eyes shut and I was breathing heavily, while Thomas was whimpering in pain beneath me. I wanted to stop, for both his and mine sake, but Newt held my hand on Tom's back firmly.

"It's helping, Cath! Don't stop!"

"But I'm hurting him!"

"No, you're saving him!" He forced my hand back down and I almost couldn't breath from the pain jabbing through my whole body. Thomas's cries were getting louder, more painful. There were white sparkles in front of my eyes and I felt like fainting.

"Newt," I whispered, "Newt, I can't ... hurts ... too much."

"Don't stop." He growled in to my ear angrily. Was he angry at me? Or was it the Griever who did this to Tom? Was it Tom himself for getting hurt in the first place? I didn't know, but my wrist was hurting from the strenght Newt used to keep me from pulling back. I couldn't see if I was really helping Tom or not, all I could see were white dots dancing in front of my eyes, and all I could feel was unbearable pain. "Just a little longer, love, just a little longer." Tho he used my sweet nickname, Newt's tone was harsh. I felt anger rise inside me.

"I ... Can't."

"You have to."

"Newt, please. It hurts." I felt tears running down my cheeks. "Newt."

"Just a little longer."

Just when I thought that I couldn't take it any longer, Thomas screamed on top of his lungs. My whole self vibrated with the last pang of pain, and then everything went dark.