Prologue

It was the twenty-seventh of July, nearing the twenty-eighth of the month. The whole town is peacefully fast asleep. Time prepares itself to strike twelve in the midnight. The moths enjoy themselves while flying gracefully around the light posts, praising the light in front of them. On the road, there was a dog fast asleep, but a little bit shivering due to the coldness enveloping the whole town. It was just like another ordinary night for the whole town, however, later, as the night will go deeper, something will happen in this peaceful town, that will, once again shake the foundations of not only this certain place, but also the whole Planet.

A black car was seen driving along the road of the town, disturbing the calmness of the town because of the sound of the engine. The sleeping dog was awakened because of the noise, but instead of running to the side of the road, it barked and barked and it seemed that the dog wanted to awaken the residents of the house where the car stopped its engine.

“We’re here.”, the man, who is the driver of the car, said, looking at the house.

“Are you sure?”, the man sitting on the backseat, who is a little bit darker than the first one, asked.

“Yes.”, he answered.

“Well, what are we waiting for? It’s time.”, the darker man said, preparing himself to get out of the car.

“Wait, we must be careful. We don’t know what is this boy capable of.”, the driver said.

“Don’t panic. There are three of us. We outnumber him. Let’s go.”, a woman said, sitting beside the driver, said.

The car opened, and all of the three got out and approached the house. The man, who was the driver, knocked.

“You know what, it would be easy for us if we forcefully open this door.”, said the woman with a smirk.

“No, we must not. We would be creating much noise.”, the man who knocked said.

After a few more knocks, which were getting louder and louder, the door opened.

“Who is it? What’s the problem in the middle of the night?”, the old man, who seems to be the father of the household, angrily asked because of his disturbed sleep.

“Can we come in? It’s getting cold out here.”, the woman asked.

“Of course not! You’re strangers!”, the man almost shouted.

“Well, we have no choice.”, the dark man said, pulling out some kind of a machine and installed it on his forearm, and directed it to the old man

“What are you do—“

A bolt of lightning emitted from the machine, hitting the man straight on his chest before finishing his sentence. He flew a few meters away from the door, while striking some of the figurines displayed on the shelf. When he hit the floor, he twitched a little bit more, before lying there motionless. Because of the noise created, the wife went down from the second floor of the house.

“What happ—“, the wife said, cutting herself because of the shock as she saw her dead husband.

“Where is your son?”, the woman asked.

“Why did you...”, the wife whispered, teary-eyed.

“We want your son. Where is he?”, the darker man with the machine on his forearm asked.

“I am not giving him to you!”, she shouted.

“Again, we have no choice.”, the dark man said calmly. Another bolt of lightning emitted from his machine, hitting the wife on her shoulder. The wife screamed at the top of her lungs because of the pain. After a few seconds, footsteps were heard upstairs.

“Go back to your room! Now!”, the wife shouted.

The other woman pulled out her own machine and installed it to her forearm.

“Clever, madam. But you know, you must not prevent things that were meant to be.”, the woman said, hitting her with a bolt of lightning straight to her chest, leaving her dead.

“Upstairs.”, the other man said calmly. The three went upstairs, and at the end of the hallway, two boys were seen, both scared and crying, and both protecting each other. The first boy seems to be around sixteen years old, while the other seems to be around three years younger.

“Why did you... why did you kill my parents!”, the older boy screamed, crying.

“Now Gall, tell me, who among these is the one?”, the darker man asked.

“The older one.”, the man who was called Gall answered.

“Take him.”

The woman rushed to the two boys, grabbing the older boy. The younger brother kept on holding to his brother’s hand, but because of his weak strength, he had no choice but to let go of his older brother’s hand.

“Don’t take my brother! Felix! No!”, screamed the younger one, calling his brother’s name. But he had no help. He still tried to grab his brother’s back, but he couldn’t.

“Arthur! I am going back! I promise!”, the older brother screamed, as he was being pulled away by the woman and the darker man.

“Gall, what are you waiting for? Kill the other one!”, the darker man commanded Gall.

“Yes, sir.”, Gall said.

“No! Don’t kill my brother!! No!”, Felix screamed out loud, with his strength to release himself increased a lot. But still, his strength could not equal the force of the two. The three went out of the house, and forced the boy inside the car. On the other hand, Gall approached the younger brother. Arthur seems to be scared a lot because he knew, he will be killed after a few minutes.

“Please, sir, don’t kill me.”, the boy said, tears rolling down his face. Gall just smiled.

“Look at me.”, he commanded. “From now on, all of the things in the past will be erased. You will not remember anything, including this incident.”

The boy looked at the blue eyes of the man who was called Gall, and a sort of a blue fire ring appeared around his pupils. Then flashes of the past appeared before his eyes, his parents, his brother... his past. He could see all of them flashing, while slowly disappearing, blurring, all of them slowly by slowly, gushing out from the grasp of his mind.

Then everything went blank.