Chapter 7 - The Seven Bloodlines

Hello there guys! I really hope you like the way the story goes because I am making sure that everything is in line with the plot! And about this chapter, again, I really enjoyed writing this! More friends for Van! :))

And don't forget to vote, comment, or fan if you like! This story is also an entry for the Watty Award 2011, so please support! Thanks a lot! :))

Chapter 7 – The Seven Bloodlines

“Sir Angelo! I don’t mean to be rude but why are you telling him these?’, the man whose name was Noah quickly complained. The other two nodded, but Celeste remained still. She was surveying Van if he can be trusted or not.

“I know this kid”, Angelo said while patting Van’s back. “Don’t worry, I know we can trust him, and I really don’t mind if we share the secrets we have in this organization.”

“But sir!”, the other man said, with the same look of shock with Noah.

“Enough with the worries. He’s already here, and he had already heard things from us.”, Angelo said while cutting the previous man’s voice.

“Wait a minute.”, a soft voice from the other end of the room was heard. “I agree with Sir Angelo. This man is a nice guy. My little sister knows him, and she really enjoyed playing with him.”, she said with a shy smile.

“Guess someone had a crush on you.”, the other girl said while smiling to Van, and then winked.

“Sorry Avery. Not my type.”, Celeste immediately said. The other three chuckled. Van, on the other hand, remained still, thinking what will happen next.

“Van, I guess you need to know them first. You are a little confused down there. “, Angelo said. “I think you already know Celeste.”, he said while gesturing his hand to Celeste’s direction.

“I’m Celeste Swan, and I just would like to compliment you for your act of stalking which led you here.”, she softly said, while leaving Van a little bit red. The others laughed, including Angelo.

“And the one who had nearly injured you, this is Noah.”, he pointed to the man who pushed him and held him on his collar. Despite of the tension he’s feeling, Van still gave a little smile and nodded.

“My complete name’s Noah McCreary and I still don’t trust you. Sir, why are you still doing this?”, Noah said, still pleading to stop this introduction process.

“Noah, enough about the suspicion.”, Angelo said with a tinge of command. Noah just leaned on the wall, looking away from Van. “Anyway, I’d like you to meet Avery.”, he said while gesturing his hand towards the direction of the other girl. Avery’s height is a little bit shorter than Celeste, but her best feature so far was her dark red hair. Van could tell that Celeste’s a little bit more girly than Avery, but the latter’s face hides beautiful features despite those boyish looks.

“Hi, I am Avery House, and just so you know, I now trust you.”, she then gave a wink. Celeste gave a chuckle.

“You’re becoming obvious Avery.”, Celeste whistled.

“Oh, am I?”, Avery gave a shocked face. “I am just making him comfortable here, with his new friends.”, she added.  “Are you comfortable now, Van?”, she asked, then gave another wink.

“Uhm, yeah, I think.”, Van reluctantly answered. In fact, he’s not being at home at all. The different attitudes of these people were making him melt right in the middle of them. After some few laughs, Angelo decided to speak again.

“Lastly, Van, I want you to meet Drake.”, he pointed to the man who was standing beside Noah. Unlike Noah, Van could feel that this guy has a lighter aura.