Chapter Three

Edd would sit back and watch as other students piled into the theater room to audition. There were times where he did worry a bit that Nazz wouldn't get the role of Juliet due to Miss Aguilar's reactions to the other auditioning for the role, but then he remembered that the teacher was just naturally overly excited over everyone who actually tried. But to be safe, Edd asked her if Nazz was Juliet, but Miss Aguilar refused to give him the answer. And the sockhead understood, but it wasn't as if he would have the urge to go and tell Nazz if she got the role or not.

No, of course not.

He could never even be dared or persuaded into revealing that kind of information unless he was allowed too.

But Nazz didn't even need to wait long to know whether she was Juliet or not. Friday wasn't long away, and right in the morning, just as the first students begin to arrive, Mrs. Aguilar walked up to the bulletin board and pinned up the list.

Double D was the first to see and sure enough, right next to the name 'Juliet Capulet' was

Nazz Van Bartonschmeer. A wide smile spread across Double D's face, revealing a very toothy smile, proud of his friend for snagging the most popular role. He turned away from the list and gasped to find Nazz standing there, staring at the list with wide eyes and an overly-excited grin.

"No... way," she said.

Double D couldn't resist but to grin as well. "Ah, yes. Good morning, Juliet."

Nazz bit her lower lip and squealed before practically leaping into Edd's arms. "Oh my gosh! This is the best news ever!" She squeezed him.

Edd smiled softly and patted her back. "Congratulations."

"Oh, and Kevin!" Nazz quickly let go of the sockhead and checked the list again.

Edd sighed in relief that he was no longer being embraced so tightly, but Nazz's loud gasp made him flinch.

"What is it?" He asked, turning around to face her.

"Kevin is Romeo!" Nazz squeaked.

"What?" A deep voice said.

The two looked over to find a very annoyed Kevin with his arms and his eyes narrowed.

"I'm Romeo?" He asked.

Double D and Nazz nodded.

Kevin growled quietly and mumbled to himself, "I knew this was a bad idea." He looked up to make eye-contact with his best friend and huffed. "What, no other dude here was better? Man, I was sure someone else would have been better than me." Kevin rolled his eyes and shook his head. "What makes me so special? I should let that role go to a guy who actually wants it." His eyes went over to stare at Double D. "Like you," he said.

And Double D quickly shook his head. "Oh, no. I am only part of the work crew, strictly backstage only." He smiled proudly.

Kevin wrinkled up his nose in annoyance, but held back any rude comments he could say about Double D's love for helping out.

"At least I'll be working with you," he said to Nazz.

Nazz nodded and sighed. "Just remember that. I can't wait until we start rehearsing."

"I do believe you all receive your scripts today after school," Edd informed them.

"Perfect!"

Edd smiled at her before looking over at Kevin. "I must say, you were the best Romeo. Mrs. Aguilar made the right choice."

But the redhead just shrugged. Giving up on getting Kevin excited over it, Edd decided it was better off he headed to class anyway. He told them he would see them later and left in quick steps.