Chapter Ten

It was a Thursday after school that everyone in the cul-de-sac gathered around to see the practice performance. It was one of the days where there wasn't any real practice, and Kevin was revealed he didn't have to deal with trying to impress Mrs. Aguilar since she was his toughest critic at the moment. Considering they weren't able to borrow the real costumes, Nazz had Sarah and Jimmy improvise for them. The two put together a few costumes they had lying around and allowed Edd and Kevin to borrow them. Along with a wig for Edd.

"But don't ruin them," Sarah told them sternly, giving them her best threatening glare.

They all sat around Ed and Sarah's backyard on plastic chairs as Kevin and Edd began to perform in front of them. The redhead bit his lower lip uncomfortably. It was just his friends, the kids he had grown up with. There was nothing to be embarrassed about, though he still couldn't shake it. They started again with the ball scene, because the first time they tried it during real practice, Kevin had messed it up from smiling too much.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing, girls?" Lee Kanker asked her sisters as they watched the cul-de-sac gang through binoculars.

"Yeah," Marie replied, a snarl appearing on her face. "I see an idiot all over MY boyfriend."

"Why is your boyfriend dressed like a girl?" May asked.

Marie put her pair of binoculars down as she rolled her eyes. "I'll talk to him to later about it. The problem I see here right now is that good for nothing Kevin trying to make his move on him."

"Oooh," May said with a giggle. "I bet they like each other."

"May!" Marie growled. "No one touches MY boyfriend except for me." She tossed her binoculars aside as she began to make her way towards the gang.

Lee and May quickly followed behind. The sisters made their way into the backyard by jumping over the fence and didn't care to interrupt as Marie stepped up and shouted, "Hey! What's going on?!"

"Seems we were uninvited to the party," Lee added.

"We deserve to be invited, too," May stated.

They stood with their heads held high next to each other, glaring at the kids who were sitting around. Sarah growled and stood up, but Jimmy held her back as best as he could. Kevin rolled his eyes and shook his head as he stepped off their fake stage. Nazz sighed as she walked over to them.

"Hey guys, relax," she told them. "We were just helping our friends out with-"

"You!" Marie stomped forward, her hands in fists as Kevin walked up.

"Yeah, what about me?" Kevin asked her.

Marie snarled at him. "Like you don't know. You boyfriend stealer!"

Kevin raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Ed and Eddy joined Double D's side on the stage as they watched Marie complain to Kevin.

"Get your disgusting paws off my boyfriend!" Marie shouted at the redhead.

Kevin squinted his eyes at her, unsure of what she was even talking about, but when it dawned on him, his eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Double D?" He asked.

"Who else would I be talking about?!"

"Careful, Marie," Lee told her, "They're not as smart as us."

Nazz placed her hands on her hips. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Wait, hold up," Kevin said, throwing his hands up. "Hey, Marie, you can't really think there's something going on between the dweeb and me?"