Chapter Thirteen

It was a small stand right outside Peach Creek Middle School, somewhere all children would walk passed. It had been Ed's idea to set up there, knowing it would have to draw attention rather than in the hallways. When students walked in the halls, they only had one thing in mind, and that would either be: getting to class on time, seeing someone they were currently harboring feelings for, or trying to get to the restroom before it was fully packed. And the restrooms had a tendency of being filled up within seconds of class ending. The whole being outside seemed like a waste at first, but the more Ed explained it, the more Eddy was reeled into the idea.

"Line up!" Eddy said, jumping in front of the stand, "And be the first to buy YOUR tickets to see the school's most talked about show! The tragic story of Romeo & Juliet!" He grinned at the students watching, "Come on, you know you want to buy one." He held up one of the "tickets" to show them off.

A few students walked off, rolling their eyes at the Eds, but the others remained intrigued.

"How much?" One asked.

"Four bucks!"

And as they began taking out their wallets, Eddy had to cover his mouth to prevent himself from laughing. Double D and Ed exchanged smiles. Double D had to admit that he was quite surprised it had actually worked on them.

"Alright," Eddy said, taking the money. He glanced over his shoulder and said, "that'll be five tickets."

Double D quickly grabbed five of the false tickets and handed them to Eddy who then gave them to the buyers.

"Thank you for purchasing," Double D said to them.

"And have a happy Christmas!" Ed chimed in.

Eddy finally let himself laugh once the students were out of sight. "Jeez, what suckers!"

The three Eds remained there, selling a few more tickets before the bell for school to start rang. They took down their stand and Eddy handed Double D and Ed ten tickets each.

"Try seeing if you can sell more," Eddy told them, and they nodded, though it was ridiculous that they had first agreed to only selling six and now they were selling around thirty-five. Double D wasn't even going to argue about it. It mainly had to do with accidentally printing more tickets than they needed. Double D just knew that he was for sure not going to even try to sell any during classes.

At least that's what he thought.

It was during his second period that he sat still, listening cautiously to what his teacher was explaining. The students sitting around him were already falling asleep within the first ten minutes of class, and Double D tried ignoring them. Yet, he couldn't shake the disappointment from him. There was nothing boring about history class!

They were told to take out a piece of paper and pencil for notes, and while the others groaned, Double D smiled as he took out of his binder from underneath his desk. He picked out the right materials and was about to set his binder back when he was face-to-face with the girl sitting next to him. She held up the ten tickets in her hand and smiled at him.

"You dropped these," she told him.

The sockhead sighed and took them from her. "Oh, why, thank you."

"What are they for?" She asked, even though Edd was trying to make it clear that he did not want to talk. "Hmm?" The girl urged on.

Edd wanted to just continue ignoring her, but from the way she was merely staring at him, he knew he couldn't. That stare was already starting to bug him.

"Tickets for Romeo and Juliet," he whispered.

"Oooh! I want to go see that," she said, a little louder than, "especially because Kevin's playing Romeo."