Chapter One

"Enlisting into another war?" The woman placed her hands on her hips, giving her two older brothers a raised eyebrow while they sat down. "Can't you sit this one out? Haven't you fought enough?"

The eldest laugh, ruffling his sister's waist length black hair. "And become like you? Afraid I don't have the brain for that!"

"Or the skill," The woman's twin replied with a smirk, then looked to his sister with a sigh. "What else are we suppose to do? It's the only thing we are good at, Amy."

Amy chewed her lip, but agreed. "I just wish that one day, we will just stop. I know, I know! Just a daydream, I know, James."

"Enough about this," Victor groaned. "How's the kid doing?"
Amy knew immediately who Victor was talking about, there was only one person he called 'kid' and that was Abraham Erskine; her prodige. The woman rolled her eyes, fixing her doctor's coat and sighed. "He seems to be very determined that this time will work, now that the serum will be going against the enemy."

"Has he picked anyone for candidate?" James asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine at this point," She ran a hand through her hair, her eyes landing on a scrawny blonde boy. "Hold on, I'll be right back."

Amy walked up to the boy, hand held out for his paperwork. "May I?"

"Of course, Nurse." He said respectfully, which made Amelia smile.

"One thing, I'm not a nurse..." She opened the folder, studying the contents carefully. "I didn't suffer through years of medical school to be called a nurse, soldier."

The boy swallowed, "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

Smiling, Amelia read over his medical record.

His names was Steven Grant Rogers and he had endless of reasons to not enlist in the Army... And by the already defeated look in Mr, Roger's eye, this wasn't his first time trying to get in.

The doctor sighed, handing back the folder, "You already know what I'm going to say, Steven, but I will say that it's very honorable for you to keep trying."

Steve looked up at her in complete shock, "How did-"

"By the way you look, you just know what was going to happen next." Amy smiled down at the man, putting her hand out for him to take. "I always like meeting brave men like you,"

"Thank you, you're the first person to tell me that." He took her hand and shook it firmly, then slowly stood up. "What's your name?"

"Amelia Howlett," She replied, spinning on her heel to walk back to her brothers.

Steve watched her go, her curls bouncing without any effort. She was really pretty and it was unusual for pretty girls to talk to him. But he like her, liked the way her blue eyes seemed to look into your soul.

James raised an eyebrow at his sister. "What was that about?"

"Nothing you need to worry about," She smiled, patting her brother's shoulder. "Anyway, Abraham is waiting for me and I might have a few new ideas for him."

"Tell the kid I said 'hi'!" Victor grinned.

Amelia nodded, and swiftly left the enlistment office to go find her prodige at the expo that Howard Stark was hosting. While walking over to the expo, the doctor was drawing quickly on the notebook she always carried around. She was making a quick sketch of Steve Rogers for Abraham to see, put in on the list of potentials for Project Rebirth.