Chapter Nine

Seventy long years passed and not a day had gone by that Amelia didn't think of Steve. To this day, she still wore the engagement ring he gave her; not having the heart to take it off.

She was able to distract herself most days by helping Shield and playing with her nephew; Tony, but during the late hours of night... Amelia found herself searching for what had happened to her brothers after what happened Africa.

It had been decades since she last talked to them, and she was starting to believe that had killed each other. Until a strange professor found her in the outskirts in Calcutta, helping the infamous Bruce Banner remain in control.

That was six months ago... Ever since she was at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters trying to help her twin brother. Who didn't even know his real name...

Charles invited her to help him and she did, but he didn't think about what would happen to Amelia...

00000

He could hear the fight that was taking place in the gym. It was the only sound echoing the empty hallways, which were usually filled with chattering students, but they weren't any in sight. Rolling towards the gym, he soon found that all the student were watching the two fighting.

The woman was wearing black yoga pants that went to her midcalf, complimenting the blue sports bra. The bra exposed all tattoos, but mostly the one that ran along her spine; it was Tibetan which meant to live and die without regrets. She had her hair in a tight high ponytail, but even then it was hitting her waist. While the man just thrown away his shirt and wore his jeans.

Amelia and Logan were sparring, one of the deadliest fighting match the professor has seen. Charles could tell that the doctor was fighting out of sheer rage while Logan was trying to dodge and get away from his twin sister's attacks.

The students were gawking at how such a small and kind woman could become so dangerous... Parting like the sea, the students let Charles past.

Rolling to the very edge of the mat, the professor called out to the siblings. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong? Or do I have to read your mind?"

"She just attacked me." Logan explained, taking a few steps back.

"Amy?" The professor turned to Amelia, raising an eyebrow.

Taking in a heavy breath, the woman eyes' began to tear up, but her rage remainded. "I just... I can't do this anymore." Putting her hands down in defeat, looking over at Charles now. "Everyday, Charles... Everyday I have to look at him and see all the mistakes I've made, and all the things I've lost!"

"I understand, but-"

"NO!" She screamed, making all the students take a step back in fear. Amelia rubbed her face and trying not to get overly emotional. "Damn it! I tried, Charles, I really did! But I can't keep doing this! Being around my brother who I haven't seen for decades, trying to help him remember things that I have been trying to move on from! I'm driving myself insane!" Amelia took a breath, calming herself before looking between her brother and the professor. "I can't stay another second... I'm going home."

Logan shook his head, not wanting her to leave. 'You can't! You're the only link to my past!"

"I don't care," She growled, clenching her fists.

Rolling to Amelia, Charles nodded. "I'll have the jet ready for you in ten minutes."

"Thank you..."

Amelia turned on her heel and walked towards the room she was given. She didn't pack any clothes; only grabbed a necklace she had gotten in Calcutta, a bracelet from Phil Coulson and the photo of Steve she always traveled with.