Chapter Six

1945

The Howling Commandos had fallen into a rhythm, knowing who was needed and when. And as it headed towards their two year mark together? It seemed that they had gotten their missions to a science.

Bucky would be high in the trees, making sure no one escaped, Steve, Amelia and James would head first. While everyone else tried their best to take out as many Hydra soldiers as they could. But as the more missions came, the more Amelia found herself following behind everyone else; playing doctor. She and her brother were rarely sent as an elite team.

But, with every successful mission? The Howling Commandos found themselves in the bar they first sat around and drank together. Only this time, the twins had joined them.

"I don't believe it for a second!" Dugan slammed his drink on the table, laughing loudly.

James was giving the second in command a mischievous look and nodded. "It's true! Once we had no money, no home, nothing! So what does my sister do? Go to the nearest bar and wager with every man that she could drink five more liquor than them! We lived off those earning for four months."

"Has to be a lie!" Jim waved the story off as untrue.

Looking over at his sister, the mutant raised an eyebrow. "I think they need a demonstration."

Sighing, Amelia stood up; in her raspberry sundress and rolled her shoulders back with a grin. "Always a pleasure to put a man in his place!"

Steve, who was sitting next to her, couldn't help his eyes follow up her long legs as she walked towards the bar; asking for several shots and drinks. While she was absent, Bucky nudged him causing Steve to turn around, only to see that all the Howling Commandos were staring at him.

"What?" He asked.

They groaned, Jacques speaking quickly in french. They looked towards Gabe for translations, who only smiled and said; "He's asking if you asked her out yet."

The super soldier blushed, clearing his throat as he took another sip of his beer. "No, I... Uh-"

"You better!" Dugan laughed, only looking at his beer which he was nursing generously. "Or I'm gonna steal her away from ya!"

"Like to see you try, Dum Dum." Steve shot back, smirking.

The Howling Commandos laughed, right as the doctor walked back with a tray filled with drinks. Becoming silent as she put the tray down, Amelia could only smirk at their faces as they studied what was on the tray.

"You think you can handle all of that, little lady?" Dugan asked in disbelief.

Shrugging, the doctor sat down and grabbed the bottle of Vodka first. From the corner of her eye, she saw Steve watching her and she couldn't help but tease him by crossing her legs; making her sundress slide down lower on her thigh.

By the sudden clearing of his throat, long drink of beer and red cheeks? Steve has taken notice of the new exposed skin of the lovely doctor.

"How about we test this theory, Dugan?" She has two shot glass on the table and filled them with a evil smirk. "We both had two beers, so... The first one not to finish a drink, loses."

Scooting closer to the table, Dugan raised a red eyebrow. "What do I get if I win?"

Amelia seemed to ponder this for a moment, the grinned. "If you win? I'll kiss you." The Howling Commandos, all but Steve and James, clapped Dugan on the back and cheered, thinking it was a great deal. Amelia held up her hand to silence them. "But, if I win? You'll have to kiss Stark; on the mouth."