Research Document #1 The First Encounter

My name is Edward Miller, after last nights incident I am confident there is something out there and I have decided to write down my encounters for future reference. I am thirty four and currently living in a small cabin in West Virginia with my dog, Riley. I came here to investigate unusual sightings spotted in the area by local residents, I was sceptical about the reports at first but not anymore. Not after last night. It was just after midnight, I had just been setting up cameras in the woods in hope of gaining actual visual proof of the creature. I came inside with Riley and set up my computer to link it to the cameras, I then headed into the bedroom and got changed into my pyjamas. I switched of the lights and got into bed, Riley slept on the floor in his little doggy bed. It was rather cold but I still had no problem falling asleep, I had a busy day interviewing people about the creature and researching the areas related to particular incidents.

It was around 2am when Riley's loud and constant barking woke me up, he was acting rather aggressive, more aggressive than I'd seen him. He was looking outside the window and began to snarl, I got out of bed and tried talking to him. Something was clearly bothering him, he wouldn't pay any attention to me. I moved over to the window and looked through it, all I could see were trees moving to the sound of the wind and the leaves blowing past. I turned back to Riley who was crouched up in the corner of the room, he was whimpering and I could see fear in his eyes. I walked over to him and got to his level to comfort him. He was staring at the window, I turned to face the window to see a pair of big, white glowing eyes staring at me and Riley. I felt chills run through my body and I froze. The eyes didn't blink, not once. The only thing I could make out apart from its eyes was the shape of its face, at first glance you'd think it was human, but let me tell you it was anything but. The glowing eyes slowly got smaller as it backed away and there was nothing but darkness. I couldn't sleep after that and stayed awake all night, all I could picture were those sinister glowing eyes.
Today I've decided to check the cameras and see if I can find anything, I should also pay a visit to some of the witnesses again. I also need some dog food for Riley.

Continued in #2