Chapter 3: "I Bet You're Really Handsome."

Aphmau's house above.
------------------

When Garroth and I reached the small house, the sun was already half in the sky. Like it was being dipped into the ocean near by.

"Here you go m'lady. I know it's not much but it's the best that we have at the moment. I hope you'll enjoy it."

The house was like a small cottage. Made of brick and wood, I could see a small chimney sticking out of the roof. The house was covered in vines. It was actually quite charming

"Thank you sir. It looks very cozy." I said with a smile.

"You're welcome. Here, I was directed to give you this." He hands me a black shirt. "It's mine. Sorry but I don't own lady pajamas."

I giggled. "Thank you. It's perfect."

His eyes sparkled though his helm. "Why haven't you taken your helm off?" I asked.

He looked down. "I have my reasons miss, but I'd rather not share for the moment. If that's alright."

"Oh I'm sorry." She said with a sad look in her eyes. "I bet you're quite handsome under it, though." I giggled.

He chuckled. "Alright miss Aphmau, I'll leave you be then. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." And with that he turned and walked down the path.

I entered the house and was surprised with what I found inside. A fire place, a sofa, and a warm rug to my right. To my left there was a small kitchen. I looked to see if there was a staircase and walked up it. I came across a small attic. I opened the door and saw a small bed with red covers. There was a lantern on a side table.

Despite the house being made out of stone, it was quite warm. I sighed and put on Garroth's shirt, and tucked myself into the warm sheets. I turned down the lantern and slowly drifted off into sleep.