Chapter 4: I'm sure it was nothing

"Aphmau."

"Who's there?" I shouted. "Show yourself!"

I walked around the broken down house. Kicking fallen brick out of my path. I held my sword at the ready. Waiting for this person to come out.

The person steps out. "It's only me." Garroth puts his hands up.

I took a deep breath of relief. "I thought you were another one of those men." I say.

"Don't worry." He chuckles. "It's just me."

"Have you seen anything, at all?" I asked him.

"Nothing so far. It seems clear to me."

I sigh. "Alright, lets head back before my father notices we're gone." As I turned around I saw an arrow flying in the air. Right towards Garroth.

"No!" I shouted as the arrow plunged into Garroths chest.
------

"Aphmau! Are you all right?!" Garroth asked as he leaned over my bed side. Shaking me awake.

"Huh? I'm fine. I guess I just had a bad dream."

"You were screaming in your sleep." He said with a worried look. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine." I said. "I'm sure it was nothing."

"Alright." Said garroth. "Here, I got some clothes for you today." He said as he passed me the pile of clothes. "I had a friend make them for me."

"Thank you." I said.

"I'll leave you to it then," he said as he left.

I sighed and got up to change. The hardwood was cold against my feet. When I stood my knees were weak so I was a bit wobbly.

The dress that was given to me was a long purple dress that reached the floor. It was very beautiful. It even had a little slit in the side!

I put it on and cleaned up my hair. I headed out to meet Garroth. He stood in his armour at the end of the path, leading to the small cottage.

"Are you ready to meet everyone today?" Garroth asked.

I sighed. "As ready as I'll ever be."

And with that, we walked down the next path together. Side by side.