Chapter 9

We both woke up entangled as the morning sun hit our faces. I smiled as I felt warm and fuzzy on the inside. I turned around in Ashleigh's arms to hold her closer to me. She smiled as I kissed her forehead whilst keeping her eyes shut.

Before I got the chance to think about last night fully and for us to talk about it, the door came flying open with my mother who had a gun in hand. With a straight face she looked at the pair of us and shook her head. Two guards came in as we tried to keep our bodies covered but that didn't seem to matter as they grabbed Ashleigh and pulled her out of the bed and forced her onto her knees infront of my mother. All I could do was sit there in shock as I slowly processed what was going on. "Such a shame" were the words that left my mothers mouth as she pointed the gun at Ashleigh and squeezed the trigger. In that moment I didn't hear a thing. Ashleigh was gone because of me. I didn't hear that bang go from the gun but I watch as the blood splattered across the floor and her body fell lifeless.

My mother turned to me and beckoned for the guards to grab me, take me away and prepare me for later. They grabbed me and dragged me down to a room in which an outfit was picked out for me to use. I just stood there as one of them stayed in the room and the other left. I was responsible for Asheligh. This was all my fault and I can't change anything. I turned to the guy and just stood there trying to take everything in once more.

After thinking about what had just happened within under 24 hours, I turned to the guy and asked him to turn around while I change. He did as I asked as I crept forward and just like I thought, he had what I needed. Taking quiter but quicker steps I eventually was in reach and grabbed what I wanted and before he could react. My life was too difficult for me to cope with and with Ashleigh gone, my life had no chance of getting better. She was my only way out and could have even been someone I could of dated. She was good to me and that is what I need. I need a friend but that is no longer available. I lost all hope and there is nothing else I can do to protect myself from my mother. I now had a gun pressed to my head and I was the one that would be pulling the trigger. That was the one moment I truly believed I had total control of my life.

My mum burst into the room as she must have seen what was happening through the security cameras placed in this room. She dared me with her eyes and kept a stern look upon her face to which I replied with a small smile and pressed my finger down on the trigger.

THE END
Hate me or love me, I lost my muse and it was either leave this story unfinished or give it some form of ending.