Chapter 1

Picture of Laela and Claire.

Laela on the left and Claire on the right

: Ashland's Territory:August 31St

"So what's the plan?" Chase questioned.

Marcus sighed. "Well, in thirty minutes I have a meeting with the Alpha of the Viking's pack."

"The Vikings? As in out of control, breaking all rules Vikings?

"Yes. The rogue problem in Ashland is getting worse."

"Yeah, it's drawing every pack in the United States' attention, but do you think this is a good idea?"

"The Vikings may be out of control but they're the biggest and strongest pack in the U.S. And their training techniques are the best. They've taken down two rogue packs already. Besides we have no choice."

"Yeah but—"

"Chase!" Marcus' voice boomed with authority. Sensing his wolf close to the surface, Chase dropped the subject and quietly walked beside his Alpha. They walked outside of the large community pack house and into a field, spotting their pack members. As they drew close they noticed a commotion.

"Do you give up now mutt?" A guy—Marcus assumed to be—from the Viking's pack had his foot planted on Aaron's neck.

"What the hell is going on out here?" He demanded.

"One of the weak members of your pack decided he wanted to challenge me." The guy replied arrogantly.

"Do you know who you're talking to? You need to watch your tone." Chase stated calmly, but Marcus could tell he was on edge. Just as the guy started to speak the other pack cleared a path. Two guys entered the circle. The first wore black jeans with a black t-shirt and tattoos were visible on his neck and arms. The way he carried himself Marcus could tell he was an Alpha. The second guy wore dark colored jeans and shirt, but not all black—just like the rest of his pack members. Marcus sensed the second guy was the Beta of the Pack.

"Nick, let him up." At the command of his Alpha Nick removed his foot from Aaron's neck. Aaron stood and took his place near his pack. "I'm Black, Alpha of the Viking's pack." Black held his hand out to shake Marcus'.

"I'm Marcus Alpha of the Warrior's pack." Marcus shook his hand.

"So I hear you have a rogue problem." Black stated.

"Yeah follow me and I'll give you the details." Marcus provided. Black turned to face his Beta. After a few seconds the guy nodded his head. Marcus knew Black was speaking to him through their pack's link."Make sure the pack stays out of trouble." He instructed to Chase. Marcus and Black proceeded to walk towards the biggest pack house in the United States. It was used only when there were an emergency meeting and last night every packs Alpha was in attendance—minus one.

 It was decided that the Viking's and Warrior's would work together to extinguish the rogues. Not really good with rules, the Vikings' were just arriving. The other Alpha's had taken off this morning. Though there were objections from a few Alphas, they all agreed that the Vikings were the strongest and could make the most impact with the rogues. Reaching the meeting room both Marcus and Black took their seats. An hour later the they found themselves in a heated argument.

"I didn't come here to take orders. From my understanding it's your pack that has the rogue problem. My pack is the biggest and strongest in America because I run things my way. I don't think I'll be taking orders from you or anyone else!" Black stated fiercely.