Chapter 3

Pic of Nathan >>>>>>>>>>

:Sleep Over Part 1:

"Bye see you guys tomorrow at school." Laela and Marcus called. Jumping in Marcus's car, they headed home.

After eating lunch at Cafe' Nomyen. They went back to school. School had been uneventful for the rest of the day. She hadn't ran into the guy with the grey eyes. But he was on her mind all day. They pulled in Marcus's drive way.

"You coming over?"

"I can't I have homework and two tests on Thursday." Laela answered.

"Okay see you in the morning. He said. " Laela walked across the lawn to her house. And ran up the stairs to her room. Dropping her books on the bed. She walked into her bathroom, stripped out of her clothes. And jumped in the shower. Her mind wandered to the mysterious guy again. She had never been this way about a guy she'd never met. It was strange. She got out of the shower. Walking in her room she found some comfortable clothes to put on. She then hopped on her bed and started on her homework. Laela had been doing her home work for a few hours when her stomach started growling. She looked up at her clock and it read 7:42pm. Not eating since lunch, laela slipped on her bed slippers. And walked down stairs to find a quick snack to eat. Walking into the kitchen she froze. Michael, her stepdad was standing in the door way of the refrigerator. He turned around to face her.

"What are you doing here?"he asked. Laela looked at him as if he had grown two heads.

"I live here."

"Don't get smart with me. Why aren't you at school?"

"Michael its 8 o'clock at night. What school do you know keeps kids that late?"

"A college smart ass."

"Am I in college?" That question must have p*ssed him off. Because before Laela could blink he was across the room. He push her hard against the wall.

"You really don't want to mess with me girl. The only reason I'm here is because of your mother. I could care less about you. So do yourself a favor and stay out of my way." He spoke grabbing her shoulder and squeezing. Laela thought he would break her shoulder. She screamed in pain. He took a fist full of her hair and yanked her head back.

"Shut up!" he yelled. " You better not tell anyone or you'll get worse." He released her and walked out of the kitchen. Laela slid to the floor and started crying. She didn't understand how her mom could be in love with a guy like him. He was creepy and always seemed to be hiding something. Laela decided to avoid him at any cost from that moment on. She got up from the kitchen floor and ran out of the house and across the lawn.

She fixed her hair and knocked on Marcus's house door. A minute later Marcus's mom Sandra opened the door.

"Laela hi"

"Hello Mrs. Walker is Marcus home.?"

"No he just went to the store, but you can wait for him if you want."

"Thank you." Laela walked past her to Marcus's room. Marcus room was your typical teen guy room. Posters of cars and girls. Laela laid across his bed. Her head, back and shoulder was starting to become sore. Moving her shirt off of her shoulder, she saw a bruise forming. Sighing she closed her eyes.

Laela woke up to two male voices. One she recognized.

"She's not just a girl you can play with. She's my friend and if you hurt"-

"I won't hurt my mate." Layla opened her eyes.

"God do you guys have to talk so loud." Both guys froze at the door.