Chapter 4; An Angel When He Smiles

A/N; Not to pleased with this, sorry if it's rubbish!

Chapter 4; An Angel When He Smiles

I walked to the park, my iPod back in my ears; I didn't even know what was playing. My mind and body were running on pure adrenaline; I wasn't in the slightest affected by skipping, by leaving, by any of it. I felt numb, because if I was in a sane and less emotional state I would have realised what I was doing; I had skipped school and was on my way to meet a boy whom I barely knew.

The walk wasn't too long. It felt odd, skipping class that is; it was exciting and dangerous. Okay, I know it sounds stupid, feeling like 007 from just bunking, but give a girl a break! I spotted Ayyub sitting with two other boys.

"Isn't that your Redwalk friend?" One of them asked Ayyub loudly, smirking at me.

Ayyub and the other boy shifted their gaze towards me.

"Hey Soph!" Ayyub called out, beaming and waving me over.

BAM! The realisation of the situation hit me. Here I was, bunking school, in my Redwalk uniform, in the park with three Longley boys. Damn, I must look like a right slut! My uniform clearly wasn't any help in suggesting otherwise.

Self-consciously I walked over to them, feeling very exposed. Why was I so stupid? Why Lord, why did you make me so stupid?

"Hey." I greeted, smiling sheepishly.

"Yo." Chorused the boys.

"Guys, this is Sophia. Sophia, this is-"

"Syed." Cut in a spiky haired boy who appeared to be...drunk?

I nodded as the other boy introduced himself.

"Jibreel." Grinned a boy with, you guessed it, spiky hair. Gosh, Asian boys and their hair gel, it really is ridiculous. This guy's hair looked like Sonic the Hedgehogs if I'm being absolutely honest. He was short and somewhat cute looking. He was still grinning at me like some deranged maniac.

"Hi." I replied, praying he'd stop staring.

"Jibz why don't you let the girl sit down and stop grinning at her like you want to jump her bones. Take a seat Redwalk." Drawled Syed.

If it wasn't for my olive-toned Asian complexion, I would have resembled a tomato. I'd never been in such an awkward situation in my whole life, nor have I had boys talk about me, especially right in front of my face, like these two had.

"Her name's Sophia, Syed, or are you too smashed for anything to register in that head of yours?" Ayyub laughed, I could hear a hint of annoyance in his voice which was odd.

There was an awkward silence as tension filled the air, both boys staring at each other. Ayyub was glaring at Syed whilst Syed was smirking at him. He opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off.

"So, Sophia, do you speak?" Jibreel asked, obviously trying to break the tension between his two friends.

"Urm yeah." I replied shyly.

"Okay guys, I'm bored." Announced Syed. Suddenly his eyes lit up mischievously. "Let's play truth or dare."

*

It took about 10 minutes for us to get through all the childish stuff, all the silly dares and things. It was now Ayyub's turn. Syed smirked at him, I didn't like the looks the other two boys were giving Ayyub, and it was starting to unnerve me.

"So, Ayyub I dare you to.." Syed began, I had an unsettling feeling about what was coming next. "kiss Sophia."

I gaped at the boys as Ayyub stared at them in disbelief.