Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Not Edited, sorry for any mistakes.

I woke up from my phone vibrating next to my head. I must have fallen asleep. I picked it up. It was a text from an unknown number.

Meet me at the stream by your house in 5 xx

-           Ashton

NO!

-           Bree

If you come I will leave you alone xx

-           Ashton

Fine you have 5 minutes then I’m leaving!

-           Bree

I don’t even know why I’m going there’s no point. But if I give him what he wants he might leave me alone. Maybe if I make him think that I forgive him he’ll just leave me alone. No I’m not that kind of person and I’m not going to stop down to his level. If he shows me that he can change, then it might be possible to forgive him.

I got up and put on a light blue sweeter and black skinny jeans. I put on my navy blue converse and grabbed my phone and walked out the door.

I walked down the path towards the stream. I didn’t see Ashton there so I went down and sat on one of the rocks. I stared down at my reflection in the lake. Why was I even around I don’t need to be here. If I went then no one would care. My dad wouldn’t care neither would Ashton.

I looked down at my wrist and ran my fingers over the cuts I made yesterday.

“You really need to stop doing that you have so much to live for” I jumped, startled by the sound of Ashotn’s voice. I turned around looking up at him. He sat down next to me and looked out at the trees.

“I’ve tried to stop, it’s not that easy you know” I mumbled looking down in the stream.

“How long have you been doing it if you don’t mind me asking?” he said curiously in his voice

“Two years ever since my mum died and my dad started abusing me plus when you started to hurt me more often. It just all started getting too much and it just felt good to take the pain away it’s like a big relief when I do it.” I said looking down at my hands feeling ashamed that I just told him that, after everything.

“You know I’m sorry but please, I’m going to change and were going to become friends again and it will be like nothing ever happened.” He said. Did he mean it?

“Ashton how do I know you’re going to change? And I can’t just forget about everything that happened, because it did and I have the scars mentally and physically to prove it.”

“I will show you that I can change because I will and then the scars will just show how strong you were and they’ll show that we can get through anything.” He said turning to look at me. Our shoulders were touching and I was still looking down in the stream. I turned to look at him.

“How are you going to show me that you’ve changed? You can’t just go and change like that. Its going to take a long time for me to believe and for you to get my trust back.” I looked into his eyes. I couldn’t read the emotion in them.

“I’ll show you like this.” He tilted my chin up and looked into my eyes and placed a light kiss on my lips. It didn’t last more than 5 seconds but it was enough for me to feel his soft gentle lips on mine.

“You can’t just keep kissing me like that you know. It doesn’t mean anything.” I said looking at him he looked confused.

“What do you mean it doesn’t mean anything?” he said hurt plastered on his face.

“We’re not going out, were not friends so it means nothing. I actually don’t know why you’re kissing me? I’m just a fat ugly slut. You should go back to your girlfriend she’s probably waiting for you.” I said and with that I got up and walked back to my house.